Why were They There?

"Shin, what happened?" Keishin asked looking at Shin who was holding me in his arms. "Someone decided to show their face tonight. She's the main reason we're like this" Shin said letting go of my trembling body. "Why now of all the times? Couldn't that bitch wait 'til I got out of high school? Or even before I actually get my own room? God, she picks the worst times to appear" I yelled slamming my door shut making sure I locked it. I changed into an oversized t-shirt and laid on the futon.

I got up to get a glass of water and passed the living room. Suga was laying on Shin and Nishinoya was sprawled out on the floor. "Why are you awake?" Shin asked I jumped. "Gah, you're awake to baka" I whisper-yelled. He chuckled, I sat in a recliner watching Shin play with Suga's hair. "Have you told him you like him yet? I think you're both getting anxious" I smiled. "No, because I want it to mean something for him too. I want him to like me as much as I like him" Shin said pulling a blanket over Suga's body. "Shin you're too nice sometimes, but you need to grow a pair and ask him out," I said with a devilish smirk. "Okay, okay, I will soon. I just want it to be perfect" Shin smiled looking at Suga's sleeping figure.

"On a different note. Why was our mother even there? I saw dad behind her, but they moved closer to the college Chiisana was at." I glared at my lap not knowing how to react to seeing our parents for the first time in about eleven years. "I don't know just avoid them at all costs. I don't want you to sneak off when you get over-stressed out" Shin said looking at me. I nodded knowing he knew about the sneaking off part, but not the part where I drink. "Shin I'm going to go to bed. Goodnight" I whispered walking back to my room. I drifted off to sleep and dreaming about my stupid parents.

 There was a loud crash, and I jumped up and head yelling. I ran to the living room to see "Tsukishima? Yamaguchi? Sawamura?" I looked at them confused then I ran to the kitchen and Shin, Hinata, Kageyama, and Suga who were dishing up breakfast. "Sorry to ask, but why are you guys here?" I asked. "Coach told us about you meeting up with someone you didn't really like, so why not surround yourself with people you do like," Nishinoya said walking into the kitchen.

"Hey, shorty, sorry to burst your bubble but you're not wearing shorts," Tsukishima said looking at my bare legs. "What's wrong with that? I sleep in an oversized t-shirt and underwear" I said crossing my arms. "You might want to put something on or else some boys might think it's an invitation" Tsukishima replied. "I'd like to see them try," I stated simply. Tsukishima towered over me with a glint in his eyes, I looked over his shoulder to see Shin. "Oh, Tsuki~You might want to watch what you do, turn around" I laughed then had a smirk on my face. Tsukishima 'tsked' and walked away from me and I hugged Shin then filled up a plate for breakfast.

"Suga! Can I sit with you?" I asked Suga only nodded. "When are you and Shin going to be a thing? I've got a whole bunch of stuff planned already" I whispered making Suga choke a bit. I laughed as Shin handed him a glass of water. The rest of the time was silent, minus the fact that some of the boys were inhaling their food. I only had a piece of toast, well because I don't really eat breakfast.

"Arashi! Hinata! Go get dressed you guys are going to meet someone. I need you in the van in about fifteen minutes." Keishin yelled. I left my toast on the plate and walked to my room and changed into spandex and a tank top. I shimmied into my orange spandex and threw on a black tank top. I grabbed my shoes and duffle bag and sat in the front seat of Keishin's van. I waited about five minutes then Hinata and Keishin opened the doors and sat down.

 The drive wasn't too long, but Hinata ended up throwing up in a bucket. "You guys can meet him out back. I need to clean this bucket" Keishin said pulling out a bucket filled with Hinata's chunks. I walked into the backyard and there were little kids passing back and forth. "Excuse me, where's coach Ukai?" I asked looking around. "Why you lookin' for me shorty?" I turned around to see the one and only coach Ukai. "Keishin sent Hinata and me here to work on our hitting" I mumble. "Where's this Hinata kid?" Ukai asked "he's behind you sir" I whisper.

Ukai turned around to see Hinata, the little ball of joy about to burst in excitement. "Let's see what you got. Block the kids" Ukai said walking to the court. Hinata and I walked on the court "One of you receive any one of you block" Hinata was blocking first.

He missed one, two, three hits and I picked up all of them. "You got some reflexes kid," Ukai said pointing at me. I smirked and walked up to block. "the First tempo" I whispered and blocked the kid. "the Second tempo" blocked the kid "third tempo" I whispered as I jumped and blocked the third kid. "You know your tempos too. I'm impressed shorty. No you guys have to get used to having different setters" Ukai said having kids set to us.

The kids didn't set high enough for me to show Ukai an actual hit. "Coach Ukai, could you set one really high? Please?" I asked and he smirked. He tossed it, it was a little off the net, just how I like it. I jumped, hit, landed, I looked at Ukai whose mouth was agape. "Shorty, shrimpy, you both can jump like that?" he asked baffled. "Yes," we said in unison "but I can jump higher them him" I added making Hinata pout but I laughed at the boy.

"I may not have actual wings sir, but I look for new ways to fly" I smiled looking down at my hand. "You remind me of someone," Ukai said putting a hand on his chin studying Hinata and I. "You must be thinking about your former student" I started "he's my stepbrother, Chiisana. The little giant" I finished and Hinata was speechless and then he jumped in the air. "That's so cool, that also explains why you're so good," Hinata yelled. "Actually no, it's not. I haven't seen him in eleven years and I've been training on my own" I said glaring at Hinata for making assumptions. "You sure as hell can jump like the kid. Even have the same style, but you two are on the same team so I expect great things" Ukai said walking towards his garden.

I walked back to the van and found Keishin smoking. "That's going to kill you one day," I said climbing into the passenger seat. "Oh well." Keishin shrugged and started the van. Hinata came pouncing out of the building and into the van. We drove off to the school where the boys are practicing.

Keishin walked in and Hinata and I followed quickly behind. "Sawamura, how have things been going? Everyone been doing what they're supposed to?" Keishin asked. Daichi only gave him a thumbs up and smiled. I walked on the court practicing receives with Nishinoya. I looked over as Tsukishima and he was staring at me, I only smirked. "Daichi? Can we have a little scrimmage? I wanna play!" I piped looking at Nishinoya who smiled at the thought.