Chapter 15 *Part One*

*Part One of Flashback*

•••••••••••••••••

Jackie's POV

•••••••••••••••

I fiddled with my fingers as I waited for Zayn to get out. My nerves started acting up just at the thought of meeting Zayn's friends. I'm so nervous over nothing. They're just his friends, not his parents. What if we get to that level? What am I even talking about we aren't even dating, are we? No, wait yes, I don't even know. Zayn came back with his hair wet and new clothes. He smiled at me and went into the kitchen.

"Want something to eat?"

"No I'm good. Zayn can I ask you a question?"

"Hit me," I smiled and looked down at the ground.

"I just . . . I'm nervous."

"About what?"

"Your friends, what if they don't like me? Or that they think I'm a psycho like Claire and Matt?"

"They won't think that."

"Do they know?"

"No, I can't tell information about my patients or else I could lose my license."

"Oh yeah. I kind of forgot about that." I nervously put a piece of my hair behind my ear and chuckled.

"What's so funny Jackie?" He chuckled and got out a drink.

"Nothing, I feel nervous over nothing." The door bell rung as Zayn went to go get it. I sat down on a stool and looked. A guy came with brown eyes and a guy with green eyes. They hugged and came in.

"Liam and Harry this is Jackie."

"Nice to meet you," Liam said as he gave me a hug.

"You too."

"I've heard much about you." Harry said giving me a hug. My eyes went wide and quickly hugged him.

"So how are you guys?" Zayn said rubbing the back of his neck.

"Good, so are two like a thing?" Liam said pointing at both of us.

Zayn looked at me then back at his friends.

"Actually we are." He said with a smile. My heart started to thump as I smiled down at the ground. Did he just say that? Yeah, yeah he did.

'What if he's like Matt?' My mind started racing with memories that I didn't want to come back.

-Flashback-

I stood at the window looking outside. The window slightly opened feeling the hot, yet warm breeze coming up onto my cheeks. My cheeks tingled to the feeling. My feet, cold from the hardwood floor, setting them down on the window with me. I looked seeing how nice it was. The clear blue skies and the small bird chirps. It felt as if it was in a movie. That I should be running through the tall green grass in a yellow dress, not caring about grass stains. The clouds covered the sun as I heard the footsteps coming downstairs. My heart started to race. My eyes felt watery. I felt as if I was going to be sick. Matt came smiling at me as I faked a smile.

"Why are you so happy?" He asked. I started to be calm because he acted normal today.

"Nothing I guess. It's a really nice day today," I didn't know what to say. He wasn't screaming at me, or anything. He was calm - too calm for my liking.

"Yeah, yeah a really nice day. Why don't you come upstairs anymore?"

"I-I just don't want to."

"Come on I wanna show you something."

"I-I'm kind of tired."

"At 3:20 pm. Yeah right, now come on."

"Matt please--"

"Jacquelyn what did I say? Once I say something I mean it!"

"But--"

I felt my arm being grabbed as I screeched in pain. I tried getting my hand out of his grip but it was no use. Of course Jacquelyn, he is ten times stronger than you. That's like having you fight off a bear. I was thrown onto the bed while Matt went over to the window. He looked outside putting his hand on the glass window.

"Why can't you ever just listen to me?"

"I-I.... I do listen to you."

"No, no you don't! It's like you just want to get hit or something! Like you just want to see me angry. You know Jacquelyn, I don't like being angry at you. I actually hate hitting you, I hate seeing you cry, I hate seeing you in pain, but it's like you need a lesson or something! It's like your parents didn't teach your spoiled ass nothing!"

"Matt that is very offensive, especially to me! I am not spoiled! And they did teach me things. You're just so, so mental in the head that you think hitting me always solves something!" Matt came upon me grabbing my shoulder hard tightening his grip each second.

"You think I'm mental huh? Mental in the head? Oh baby you haven't seen mental yet." He whispered in my ear as I winced in pain.

"I thought you hate hitting me?"

"I'm not hitting, it's teaching a minor lesson." I felt my collar bone expose to the warm air as my breath hitched in my mouth.

"Your skin," he paused touching my shoulder blade causing goosebumps to rise. "It's so soft like a newborn baby."

"Matt please."

"What did I just tell you!"

"P-Please."

"No,"