Chapter Six

"DANNY RAY BATES! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE NOW!" Dad yells as I walk into the house. 

"Yes, sir," I say and set my stuff down before walking over to him. He glares at me and I take a deep breath. 

"What made you think skipping school and getting arrested was a good idea, huh? You're already an embarrassment to the family. We don't need you causing any more attention!" he yells. 

"I'm . . . I'm sorry. It won't happen again," I whisper. 

He shakes his head and says, "Oh, I know it won't. Pack your stuff. You're out of here. I don't care where you go as long as you're far away from my us!" 

I feel tears roll down my cheeks as I beg, "No, please don't! I have nowhere to go!" 

"Not my fault. As far as I'm concerned, you're dead to me. More dead than Mitch." I run upstairs and run into Melany.

"Danny, I'm sorry. I've tried everything to make them change their minds. Here," she says and gives me an envelope, "That's all my savings. It should be enough for you to find a place and get a job. Don't pay me back."

"Thanks, Mel." I hug her and then go into my room to pack the important stuff. As I'm packing, I remember that my online friend Cindy has her own place. She lives across the United States, but I can probably find a way there if she lets me stay with her. She's the only one who's phone number I have. 

"Hello?" she answers once I call. 

"Cindy, I'm sorry to bother you-" 

"Nonsense! You never bother me. What's wrong, Hun?" she asks. She's eighteen so she calls me Hun since I'm younger. 

"I need a place to stay." 

"Why? What happened?" she asks worriedly. 

"My parents kicked me out." I hear her gasp. 

"I'm so sorry, Danny. You're welcome here if you can find a way. It's a twenty-two-hour drive and I know you don't have your own car," she says. 

"I know. I'll take some buses. I just need to get as far away as I can from this town I'm in," I say. 

"I understand. I'll text you my address. Just be careful getting here."

"I will. Thank you," I say and hang up. I pack my stuff and then look up the times for the buses I need to take. The first bus leaves in an hour, so I'll just wait at the bus stop until then.

I walk out of my house and take a deep breath to calm myself down. This is going to be one hell of a journey. 

(Ashton's P.O.V)

Sam and Adam drive me back to the hotel and I go up to my room. I check my phone and see a lot of comments and tweets about me getting arrested for fighting one of my fans. "Shit. . ." I say as I see everyone is asking for an explanation. I know what I have to do. 

I start recording a video and say, "Hey, guys! Ashton here! Well, as you've guys obviously heard since you won't stop asking about it, I got arrested. You keep saying I beat up one of my fans. Well, let me tell you what really happened. He decided to harass me and try to blame all his home life problems on me. How is it my fault when we've never even met? Am I right? Well, we ran into each other later and he tried to punch me because I was defending myself about not being the cause of his problems. I got a little angry and we did end up having a small fight, nothing big. We BOTH got arrested. Not just me. He was picked up later and I was, too, since I was bailed out. We never saw each other again. Now, would you call that beating up a fan? I don't. But whatever. I'm over it. Bye, guys, thanks for listening." I turn off my camera and upload the video to all my social media before sighing. 

Should I have lied? I don't think it will make a difference in his life. We're never going to see each other again. Besides, I made it up to the kid that killed himself. I helped Danny out so now I can go back to being myself.

"Hey, Ash?" Sam says as he comes into my room.

"Yeah?" I ask. 

"I just watched the video. What made you change back to normal?" 

I snort and say, "Please, I never changed in the first place. I was just pretending to get Danny out of my hair and to make it up to the kid who killed himself. My debt is paid," I say and Adam walks in behind Sam. 

"Karma is a bitch to deal with, Ashton. I wouldn't be so cocky," he says and I start laughing. 

"Are you kidding? There's no such thing. If there was then why am I still rich and famous?" Adam rolls his eyes and I smirk. "That's what I thought. I'm never going to see Danny again. It's not like I caused any real harm to his life."

"Whatever. You do what you want. Don't come to me for help when you screw your life up," Adam says and I shrug.

"Sure thing." Adam leaves and I look at Sam. "What has him all worked up?" I ask.

"No idea. It's not like he knows Danny. Hell, you know him more than us. And like you said, you made it up to him," Sam says and I nod. 

"Yeah, I don't know. I'm going to pack before we have to leave for my flight." Sam leaves and I start packing my clothes and things. I change into something more comfortable for the flight and then lay down in the bed. My phone buzzes and I see people are commenting and supporting my side of the story. I smile and close my eyes to relax before the flight. 

*Not the greatest chapter so far I think. Also, it's short. But I think the next one is going to be a lot better (Hopefully). Well, tell me what you think! What do you think of Ashton doing what he did? Votes make me smile! Thanks! c: