Chapter Fifteen

(Danny's P.O.V.)

"You want to cancel our plans for tonight? Why?" Cindy asks as I look down at my feet. 

"Ace wants to hang out with me." I look up at her and see hurt written all over face. 

"You're ditching me for Ace? Does he know you had plans?" she asks and I nod. 

"He got angry and walked out. He just wants to spend time with me," I say and Cindy takes a deep breath. 

'Danny, I love you and I  want to respect your relationship, but something seems off with Ace. Has he been controlling at all?" she asks.

"He only wants what's best for me."

Cindy nods and says, "I do, too. And if that means hanging out with Ace tonight then go have fun." She smiles, but I can tell it's forced. She gets up and goes into her art studio. I sigh and call Ace to tell him I can hang out. 

"Hello?" Ace answers. 

"Hey, Ace. I was wondering if you still wanted to go out tonight?" 

"Of course! Meet me at the juice bar," he says. 

"Okay, see you soon." I hang up and put my phone in my pocket. I look back at the door to the art studio and bite my lip. Guilt starts to build up in my stomach and I shake my head. She told me to go. 

I walk out of the house and to the juice bar. I see it's closed, but the lights are on. I assume Ace is in there cleaning up. I walk inside and my eyes widen when I see a table set up with some food and candles. 

"Hey," Ace says as he hugs me from behind. 

"You're amazing!" I say and turn around to hug him back. He laughs and kisses my head. 

"Let's sit. I made you some lemonade with extra ice." We sit down and he hands me my drink. They make sandwiches here, too, so he gives me one and I put it on the plate. 

"This is so romantic, thank you." 

"I'll do anything to make you happy," he says. This is so nice, it's almost too good to be true. What did I do to deserve him? 

We eat a little bit and before I bite my lip and say, "You know if we leave in ten minutes we can still make the big reveal of Cindy's mural for the city." 

Ace takes a deep breath and says, "I thought you wanted to be with me. If you don't want to then leave and be with Cindy. I don't want to be your second choice." 

"No, you are my first choice. I just feel bad for disappointing her."

"Well, you're disappointing me. We were having a nice time. Why did you bring her up again?" he asks and I feel my heart start to sink. 

"I didn't mean to disap-"

"You never mean to. It just happens. If you really liked me then you wouldn't talk about other people and how you want to be with them," he says and stands up. 

I stand up with him and feel a tear roll down my cheek. "You promised to keep me happy." 

"I can't make you happy if you don't listen to me. I can't be putting in all this effort and you not putting in any." I sigh and nod. 

"You're right . . . I can't expect anything to change if I don't listen to what you say," I say. Ace takes my hand and kisses my knuckles.

"I really care about you, Danny. It's better if you hang out with me. That way I can protect you." I nod and he wipes away my tears. "I'm sorry for making you cry, I just don't want you to get hurt by anyone."

"It's okay," I say and he kisses me. We pull apart and smile before going back to our meal. 

(Ashton's P.O.V.)

I walk into my house and Bane walks up to me slowly with his tail wagging. I crouch down and start petting him while saying, "Oh, Bane, you deserve so much better than me. But I'm so happy to have you. You make me feel like I actually make a difference in this world." 

Bane licks my face and I laugh. I hear my phone go off and see some of my followers commented on my last picture. They're asking where I am. I haven't posted a lot for the past few days. I bite my lip and think about posting a video. 

"Hey, guys. Ashton here," I say less enthusiastically than normal. "I'm sorry for not being as active. I'm in a situation and-" I stop and think about it before taking a deep breath. "No, you know what? I'm going to tell you guys the truth for once. I fucked up. I fucked up big time. I hurt someone. That someone being the boy that got arrested with me. I lied about why I got arrested and I want to tell the truth. He didn't blame his problems on me. He just wanted some advice or something to help him get through his days. I made fun of him and he left. Later that night I was an even bigger asshole and made him hit me, but I caught his fist. I then punched the boy in his face and the employees at the fast food place we were at called the cops. We both went to jail, but he shouldn't have been there. It was my fault. I'm a huge prick. All because I let my past make me that way. I'm not going into details about it, but I want you guys to know that I don't expect you to be my fans anymore. I'm willing to give up my life if it means making things right with him." My voice cracks and I take another deep breath. "That's far from the whole story, but I'm not giving details that he doesn't want to be made public. So, I want you guys to know that I love you, and I will always appreciate all the success that has been my life. It has been one hell of a ride, but it has to end sometime, and I think after this is posted it will." I feel a tear roll down my cheek but I smile anyway. "Thanks for listening. Bye, guys." 

I upload the video and turn off my phone so I don't have to hear the notifications of people commenting on it. Bane whimpers and puts his head on my lap. I lean back against the wall and let myself cry. This is it for me. My life of fame is over. I don't care, though. I rather it be over so I don't lie anymore. 

I continue to cry on the floor while Bane comforts me. 

*I tried to make the video dialogue emotional. I don't know if I did a good job on it or not. Tell me how you feel about this chapter in the comments! Please vote and share, too, for the #Wattys2017. They always make me smile c: Thanks!*