Chapter Fourteen

(Ashton's P.O.V.)

I didn't get any sleep last night. I was up all night trying to figure out a way to prove to Danny how bad Ace is. Well, since I couldn't think of anything I decided to have a talk with Ace. 

I walk into the juice bar and see some customers sitting at the counter and tables. "Hey, is Ace working today?" I ask the girl behind the counter. 

"Yeah, he's outback on a break. Wait, are you Ashton Blake?" she asks. I smile and nod.

"That's me."

"Do you mind if I get a picture? My friend is obsessed with you and won't believe that you came in today." I nod and she gets her phone out to take a picture. She takes it and thanks me before getting back to work. I walk outside and go around back to see Ace standing there on his phone. 

"We need to talk," I say and Ace looks up and smirks at me.

"About what? Danny? He's mine, Ash."

"Don't call me that. Only my friends call me that," I say and step closer to him. "Danny doesn't deserve what you're doing to him. Hell, no one does. You should be in prison." 

Ace steps closer to me and glares, "Guess what, Ash. I don't care. Danny is going to be easier to break than you were. Especially because you did most of the work for me." I feel my stomach sink as guilt starts to eat me alive. 

"You're sick. You don't scare me anymore, Ace. You told me I wouldn't amount to anything, but look at me. Anything you say won't hurt me." 

"Oh, but it will hurt Danny. The boy you broke for me," he says and laughs. I grab Ace and slam him up against the wall. He groans in pain, but smirks at me and shakes his head. 

"I did not! You caused all of this!" I yell. "If it wasn't for you then I would have never treated anyone like shit! I can't trust anyone because you decided it would be fun to break someone who was already cracked!" 

Ace pushes me off of him and fixes his shirt. "Well, maybe people shouldn't be so easy to manipulate."

"What do you expect?! I was vulnerable and now Danny is. He just wants some love in his life. Why do you have to take that away from him?" I ask and Ace laughs.

"Because it's fun, duh," he says like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "Now if you excuse me, my break is over." He walks back into the building from the back door and I shake my head. 

Ace is sick and Danny won't believe me, but I have to try again. I'll talk to Danny one more time. If he doesn't believe me then I'll have to let Danny see for himself how much of a dick Ace is. Hopefully, it doesn't take much. I don't want Danny hurt over and over again like me and still forgive him. I'll be ready to support him and be whatever he needs me to be to make him feel better. I'm hoping this doesn't destroy his already fragile mental state. I just want him to be happy.

Now all I have to do is find out where Danny lives. I remember seeing that girl with Danny at the art store. I know she has an art business so I'll just look up local artists in the area.

After I look it up, I go on the website of the closest one. I smile when her picture pops up and her phone number. I see her address on there, too, so people can check out her work. This is perfect. 

(Danny's P.O.V.)

Cindy left again to drop off a painting someone requested. I've just been in the kitchen making us some lunch so that she doesn't have to when she gets back. 

As I'm tossing the salad, I hear someone knocking at the door. I stop what I'm doing and go answer the door. "Uh, hey, Danny," Ashton says. 

"What the fuck do you want?" 

Ashton sighs and says, "I came to talk to you. Listen, I'm so sorry for everything I did to you. You have to believe me, though. Ace is the reason behind the way I was acting."

"Fuck off, Ashton. Stop blaming people for your mess ups," I say and try to shut the door, but he holds it open. 

"You have to listen to me! Ace is planning to break you and you need to leave him before it happens!" 

"Why do you want to ruin everything for me?!" I yell. "I'm finally becoming happy and here you are ready to screw it all up!"

I glare at Ashton and see that he actually looks a little guilty. "Danny, I know you have no reason to trust me but please hear me out." 

I shake my head and say, "Fuck off." I slam the door shut and walk back over to the couch. "Ugh! Why can't anything ever go right for me?!" 

I get my phone out and text Ace to tell him to come over. He texts me back and tells me he'll be here in a few minutes.

"Hey, Ace," I say as I answer the door. He hugs me and kisses my cheek. 

"What's wrong? You seem upset," he asks and pulls back. 

"Just stuff with Ashton." 

Ace's eyes narrow and he steps away from me. "I thought I told you to stay away from him. You promised me you would."

"I . . . I did. He came here," I say nervously. 

"Then once you saw it was him you should have slammed the door in his face. Or not even acknowledge him." 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to mess up." 

Ace hugs me again and says, "I only want what's best for you. If Ashton tears us apart, I don't know what I would do." 

"You're right. I'll try harder," I say and Ace smiles at me. 

"Good. Let's go out tonight," he says and I rub the back of my neck nervously.

"Actually, I can't. I promised Cindy I would go see her finished mural."

"Oh, I see. If you rather hang out with her than me then you can," Ace says as he walks towards the door. 

"Wait, it's not like that. I want to be with you, but I-" Ace walks out and slams the door behind him. I jump at the sounds and feel sick to my stomach. 

I didn't mean to make Ace feel bad. I need to start being more careful with him. He cares about me so much and I just keep letting it down.

I sigh and sit down on the couch to think about what I'm going to do. 

*Here's Chapter fourteen! I'm not very sure if you'll like it. Tell me what you think! Please vote, comment, and share for the #Wattys2017. They always make me smile c: Thanks!*