Chapter Three

After walking around town for a bit, I decide to go get something to eat. Because well, you know . . . food helps make everything better. I walk into the fast food restaurant joint and walk up to the counter. "I'll have the ten piece chicken nuggets with fries and a strawberry smoothie," I say. 

"Sure thing," the girl says and smiles at me. After waiting for my food, she hands me a tray and I go sit down at a table. As I'm stuffing my face, I see the door open and I look up to see Ashton with two bodyguards with him. 

"Are you kidding me?" I mumble. He doesn't notice me at first, but then his bodyguard points me out. 

"Hungry much?" he asks as he walks up to me with a smirk on his face. 

"Leave me alone," I say. 

"Aw, don't be so hostile. I'm sure your life isn't as bad as you make it out to be," he says. 

"Fuck off! You don't know anything about me!" I yell while standing up. 

"Oh, please. You're a dramatic baby." I glare at him and go to punch him, but he catches my fist. "I wouldn't do that. You see, I have Sam and Adam here to back me up."

"Can't fight your own battles?" I ask. Ashton laughs before punching me and I stumble back. 

"Someone call the police! There's no fighting on our property!" one of the employees say. I tackle Ashton and try to land a few good hits, but his bodyguards pull us apart. 

"I'm out of here," Ashton says and fixes his hair. 

"You're going nowhere! You both will stay until the police get here," the employee says.

My eyes widen and I say, "No, please don't call them! I'll leave!" I beg. 

"Too late," she says. I sink into my chair and feel myself start to cry. They're going to call my parents. They'll have to come get me. I'm so dead. 

"Ha. If you think fake crying is going to get you out of it, you're wrong," Ashton says. 

"FUCK OFF, WILL YOU?!" I scream. Does he not realize my parents actually treat me like shit?! Does he really think I said that for attention?! 

He laughs and pulls his phone out to keep himself occupied. The police arrive and handcuff Ashton and me before putting us in the back of a police car. "We'll take you to the station and keep you there until someone can come and get you. Ashton, you have to spend the night in jail since you're over eighteen."

"What?! Would if I get someone to bail me out?" he asks. 

"You'll have to work that out down at the station," the cop says. We drive to the station and he puts us in separate cells right next to each other after he does all the paperwork and puts us in the system. 

"You know, kid? I don't even know your name," Ashton says as he looks at me from his cell. 

"Why does it matter?" I mumble. 

"I would like to know the name of the person who got me arrested for the first time."

"Danny."

"Well, Danny, I hope to never see your face again after we get out of here," he says and laughs. 

"Is this some sort of joke to you? And don't worry, I'm going to block you on everything." He shrugs and I sigh. 

"Danny, your mother will be here in about an hour to pick you up," the cop says and I nod silently. 

About an hour goes by and I hear the door to the cells open. "WHERE THE FUCK IS HE?!" my mother says. Ashton looks at my mom and then at me before smirking. 

"Right here, mam. I'll give you a minute to talk before we release him," the cop says and opens my cell to let her in. The cop leaves the room, leaving Ashton, my mother, and me. 

"Mom, I can explain," I say and she slaps me across the face as hard as she can. I cry out in pain and I see Ashton's mouth fall open in shock. 

"You little faggot! You skipped school, stole Melany's car, and got arrested! What the fuck is there to explain?!" she screams. 

"Wait, I didn't steal her car!" I say, "She let me use it!" 

"Like that matters! Just wait until we get home!" Mom yells and I bite my lip with tears running down my face. She's never hurt me like this before. Well, except when I came out to her. She threw everything she could at me. 

"Yes, mam," I mumble and look away from her. I see Ashton has a look of shock on his face and he looks away from me as soon as we make eye contact.

The station gives me my phone and wallet back before I follow Mom out to the car. She starts it and as we're silently driving home she says, "It should have been you." I feel my heart stop and my eyes fill up with tears.

"Don't say that, please," I whisper.  

"Danny, you should have died that night. Not Mitch." 

"Let me out," I demand. 

"Gladly," she says and pulls over. I see we're near the park and I get out. I walk with my head down while sobbing.

Mitch was my older brother. He died a year ago in a motorcycle accident. We were going for a ride when someone cut us off and we crashed. Mitch died a few hours afterward from internal bleeding. Me? I had a concussion and a broken arm, but that was it. Maybe some minor scrapes and bruises, too, but I survived. 

I wish I didn't. Mitch deserves to be here. Not me. I'm just faggot who deserves all the shit I get. "Need a ride?" I look up and see a nice looking car slowed down beside me with the window rolled down a bit. 

"No, thank you," I say and start to walk a little faster.

"Sam, roll it down all the way." I stop and see Ashton leaning over his bodyguard to talk to me. "Look, I'm offering you a free ride. Just get in."

"Fuck off. I don't need your help." I glare at him and he sighs. 

"Please get in. I'm sorry for everything that happened between us. I'll explain on the way to your house," he says. 

"I'm not going home. Not tonight at least."

"Well, then stay with us at our hotel. I want to make it up to you. I feel like a bag of dicks," he says. 

"You should," I say and shrug, "But fine." Sam gets out and lets me in the car and then gets back in once I'm situated in the middle seat. 

"I saw the way your mother treated you," he mumbles. 

"Leave it alone. I don't want to talk about it." He nods silently and sits back. 

"We'll talk at the hotel." I snort and shake my head, knowing I won't talk to him. Especially after the way he treated me. I sit back in the seat and take a deep breath. I can tell this is going to be one hell of a night. 

*Hi! I updated twice today to kind of make up for not updating for a little bit. I hope you guys like it. Oh, and Alex was reading it and informed me that Mitch Lucker (I think that's how you spell it) died in a motorcycle accident. I did not mean to make the names the same. I just picked a random name. So I just want to let you guy know that I mean no disrespect to him or anything! Anyways, please comment and tell me your likes and dislikes. Also, voting makes me smile. Thank you for reading my story so far. c:*