Chapter Twelve

(Ashton's P.O.V.)

"Come on! I need your guys' help!" I say to Adam and Sam who are looking at me like I'm crazy.

"Let me get this straight, you want to make things right between Danny and you? Why? I thought you didn't care," Sam says.

I run my hand through my hair and say, "I've realized what I've done to people and I don't want it to happen again. The boy in Meadowtown should have been my wake-up call. I'm an idiot for thinking it wasn't my fault he killed himself. I killed him emotionally which led up to the suicide."

"Wow . . . I didn't think I'd ever see the real Ashton again. It's nice to have you back," Adam says and smiles. "Now, I think you should just find Danny and help him. Prove that you've changed, and fix what you destroyed."

"Okay . . . I'll try. Thanks, guys." I walk out of the cafe we were talking in and get into my car. I have no idea where Danny is, but I have to start somewhere so I think I'll drive around the city for awhile.

As I'm driving I go past the smoothie and juice bar. My hands tighten on the steering wheel and I take a deep breath to stay calm. I then drive past the park and my eyes widen in shock when I see Danny hugging someone. The guy's back is turned away from me so I can't see their face. 

I park my car and get out so I can talk to Danny. He looks up at me and glares before pulling away from the person he was hugging. "What are you doing here?" he asks.

"I need to-" My words are cut short when the person turns around and smirks at me. "Ace?" I whisper. No . . . this can't be happening. 

"Hello, Ashton," Ace says and I feel myself getting nervous. 

"Why are you with Danny?" I ask in a shaky voice. Danny looks at me confused and Ace shrugs. 

"I'm comforting him because you decided to ruin his life." 

"Why do you even care?" Danny asks and I shake my head to get my thoughts together. 

"Danny, you need to get away from Ace. He's a bad person," I say and Ace laughs. 

"Leave me alone. You're the bad person. Not Ace," Danny says and I see Ace smirk at me. 

"Please, Danny, I came to make things right. I'm not really a hateful person."

"Bullshit! You made a boy kill himself and you didn't even care!" Danny yells. 

I feel my heart pounding and I finally yell, "Because of Ace! He made me who I am today! He ruined me! You've been hurt enough, Danny! I don't want him breaking you, too!" 

Ace glares at me and shakes his head before saying, "You can't keep blaming people for your fuck ups. I didn't do anything to you." Ace takes Danny's hand and pulls him up from where they were sitting. 

"Leave me alone, Ashton. I don't ever want to see you again," Danny says as he passes me. 

"I'm trying to help you!' I yell and he flips me off while walking away. I get in my car and slam my hands down on the steering wheel. "FUCK!" I scream and put my face in my hands. 

Ace is nothing but bad news. He plays with people's emotions. It's a sick game to him. He takes people who are in a bad state of mind and fixes them before destroying them beyond repair. He did it to me and he'll do it to Danny. If only Danny would listen to me. 

I sigh and start my car so I can drive back to my house. 

(Danny's P.OV.)

"Ace?" I say as we walk to wherever he's taking us. 

"Yeah?" 

"Why did Ashton say all that stuff?" I ask and Ace sighs. 

"I don't really know. I met him one time and that was it. He's just trying to come up with excuses so you will forgive him. Danny, promise me you'll stay away from him. I know we don't know much about each other, but I already care about you."

"I promise," I say and he puts his arm around my shoulders. 

"Good. I hope you don't think I'm being too friendly. I understand if me touching you makes you feel weird," he says and I shake my head. 

"No, it doesn't. It's kind of nice to have someone be affectionate towards me. That doesn't happen often." I smile up at him and he nods. 

"I understand. I know it sounds strange, but I feel a connection between us," he says and takes both my hands in his. "If you feel the same, I would like to have you as my boyfriend." 

I bite my lip and think it over for a few seconds before saying, "I would like that." 

Ace cups my face in his hands and kisses me as I smile. I know we only just met, but Ace is right. I do feel a connection with him. Ashton is just lying about him to hurt me again. "I'm so happy you feel the same way, Danny. I promise to keep you happy and to never let anyone hurt you again."

"That means a lot," I say. He takes my hand again and squeezes it before we start walking again. 

"Would you like to head back to your place to hang out? I would take us to mine, but it's being redone." 

I rub the back of my neck and say, "I don't know. It's not really my place. I'm staying with a friend." 

"If she doesn't want me there then I'll leave." 

"Okay," I say and walk us to Cindy's place. I see Cindy's car is parked out front so I know she's home. I take us inside and Cindy walks out of her art studio with pain all over her. 

"Hey, Danny. Who's this?" she asks. 

"Um, this is Ace. Do you mind if we hang out here?" I ask and Cindy smiles. 

"Of course not! I'm glad you've made a friend already. I'll be in my art studio." I nod and take Ace into my room. 

"You didn't tell her I'm your boyfriend," Ace says as we sit down on the bed. 

I blush and look down at my feet. "I'm sorry. I just don't want her to think I'm rushing into things. I don't think I am, but she's all I have right now. I want her approval." 

"Then talk to her tonight. I don't want to feel like you're hiding me from your friends," Ace says and I sigh. 

"I will. I'm sorry for being so complicated." 

Ace puts arms around my waist and says, "You're not. I understand what you're going through and I'm here to help you. I want to treat you like the prince you are." 

"Thanks, Ace." He kisses my cheek and smiles. 

"No problem, babe," he says and I turn on the TV. We lay and cuddle on the bed while watching a random movie. 

*I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Please tell me what you think in the comments! Please vote, comment, and share for the #Wattys2017! They always make me smile c: Thanks again!*