❁Chapter 10❁

Chapter 10

"I'm not a fast runner, James!" Nora exclaimed as her feet pounded hard against the floor, her hand gripped in James as they ran away from the scene. They had almost been caught setting up another prank by none other than Filch when the man turned down the hallway, seeing the figure of a girl on a ladder that the two had stolen from the man's office, and soon, when James had saw him, did he pull Nora off of the ladder, gripping her hand in his and pulling her down the corridor.

They could hear the sound of the man ranting furiously behind them, and with Nora's little legs, the two were falling behind. James was sure the two were going to get caught any minute, but it seemed as though Nora had a plan when she opened a random door lining the isolated hallway, which happened to be a spare cupboard filled with random supplies, and quickly pulled James in beside her.

The two must have been in the cupboard for a few minutes, their breaths tangling together as they panted, and soon, in the cramped cupboard, as the two pressed against each other, trying not to look at each other in the eye at how close they were, was Nora unable to help herself as the giggles tumbled from her lips.

"You need to be quiet," James whispered, his breath fanning her ear as he spoke, but she couldn't help herself, her eyes welled with tears as she tried her best to laugh quietly, and soon was James hand clasping her mouth, muffling her giggles as best as he could as she couldn't contain them.

It was hilarious to her, how frantic James was to get them away from Filch, and Filch himself as he rushed down the hallway after them, his odd run making it look as though he was giving birth, but definitely not wanting to as he rushed after them, and the thought sent another wave of laughter spilling out of Nora's lips.

Her eyes met his, filled with amusement that he could clearly see, and for a moment did his features soften from the worried look that they might get caught, because - annoyingly - part of him didn't care at all If they happened to get caught, she was so happy, excited, buzzing with joy, and her laughter was hilariously inconvenient, and definitely a risk, but even with his hand clasped over her mouth, did she not even care.

She was too wrapped up in how hilarious the situation was to realise that they could get caught, and even when James informed her that they still weren't off the hook, it only sent another wave of giggles over her.

"Sorry," she whispered, a wide grin on her lips as she pulled James' hand away from her, shaking her head ever so slightly, "it's just so funny!"

"You are crazy," he whispers, shaking his head as he speaks, "honestly, crazy."

"Well, you know, you're not half bad under the many layers of arrogance," she teased, lifting her eyes to look at his, and making sure to ignore just how close they were, which was very, she should add.

"You are absolutely terrible at compliments," James chuckled, his voice hushed as he watched her smile widen, "honestly, Nora."

"That was a great compliment," she tutted, "should we check that Filch is gone?"

"Suppose."

"What is that supposed to mean?" she asked, her eyebrow arched, "do you want to just stay in this cupboard for the rest of your life, huh?"

"Suppose," he teased, watching her eyes narrow as she pushed open the door of the cupboard, stumbling out with James behind her, only to come face to face with Adria Hopkins and Sirius Black.

"Well, I can't say that didn't look completely wrong," Sirius spoke after a few minutes of the four staring at each other.

James rolled his eyes as he stepped beside Nora, closing the door to the cupboard behind him, "we were hiding from Filch."