15: New Divine

Aphmau's POV:

The mirror went blank. A gasp was heard around the room.

"Aphmau, what happened?" Laurance asked.

"I-I don't know." I responded.

"So, you don't know why Garroth went up in flames and probably killed himself while doing it?" Katelyn asked.

"I don't. From my memories, Edmund never did anything like this. Sure. He had force fields and his form but, not like this."

We went silent. We waited for a sign. A sign that Garroth was alive or dead. Nothing. You could probably hear a pin drop.

"I can't sense him. He's still alive...somewhere." Aaron informed.

"Good. He's still needed there." I say. "Leochant, are you okay?"

"I'm better off knowing that Tu'la is safe from that triant." He admitted.

I nodded, knowing that he'll be okay.

"Let's hope that he will be returned home safely. Obviously, Edmund isn't giving up on him yet."

Everyone nodded as if they agreed but, they all knew something. Garroth may be in control of his emotions, decisions, and actions but, Edmund is in control of his timespand. Once he tells me it's time, we have to cut Garroth's string. As a sign of welcoming.

"I want to tell him." Travis said aloud.

"I think we all do buddy." Dante stated.

"I hate to think that old man controls his life like a puppet." Laurance said.

"Laurance, remember, Edmund knows what he's doing." Lucinda assured.

"Your friend is right."

We turned to see Edmund walking towards us. He had a soft expression on him but, he has dead serious about everything.

"Your friend, Garroth Ro'Meave, has a duty and that is to protect Ru'an."

"So, you're going to let my brother just clean up the mess we all left!" Vylad protested.

Vylad, being him, never really talks. When it comes to his brother though, he's not afraid to raise his voice.

"Vylad, listen to me, your brother is special. Like all of you but, Irene," he turned to me. "long ago, you had a vision. A vision that changed your life. All of us. You saw your second life in a matter of five minutes. From the time you stepped into Phoenix Drop till your death bed."

"What does this have to do with Garroth?" Dante asked.

"Well, you see, Dante, Irene saw Garroth. She saw how special he was. She knew that the Divine warriors would not live forever. She knew she needed to select the next. Garroth was one."

"The others?" Asked Travis.

"Irene saw them but, in a different time from now. She saw you, yes, but, she knew that your purpose was fulfilled after the second shadow war. Garroth, on the other hand, had more potential."

"For what?" I asked.

"In the next hundreds of years, Garroth Thomas Ro'Meave will have to face challenges that just anybody can't do. His fate is to be the New Divine and bring them together. Once that is complete, he'll have completed his job."

We were all silent. I didn't like the sound of more challenges for Garroth.

"One more question. What challenges, sir?" Asked Leochant.