43: The Diary

Garroth's POV:

The next morning, I decided to pay a visit to my own personal museum. The attic.

I walked up the ladder and started looking through the boxes of books, papers, pictures, closets of clothes, and old furniture that was put up here. But, I knew I was looking for something particular.

A chest.

I went to the back of the cobwebbed filled room and found it. It was wooden and the it was worn out from the years.

I did get it when I was supposedly thirty-three. Before I knew that I was immortal.

I got on my knees and opened it slowly. Inside, was my collection of personal diaries. Full of memory, information, and secrets that I wrote down.

I had just finished filling one last night, the last entry last three pages long. I found a little space and placed it in there. After, I just looked at the pile of journals.

I say one that was actually decorated with stickers that said 'groovy' and 'cool vibes'. Gabriella's work no bought when she was in her sticker faze in the seventies.

...I hated my hair.

I laughed at my thoughts of those...interesting years. One of those nights in that decade was the first night I tried alcohol that wasn't root beer.

Well, actually...root beer is a soda now and we never got actually drunk on it...just sugar rushed.

Dale, you were a freaking maniac.

To be honest, it was kinda stupid to think sugar was alcohol. But, eh, I don't care. To be honest, I wish we did now so that kids would want to try that for a change.

Now, I got off topic in my own thoughts. I started thinking of other decades and centuries. I thought back on to how I met everyone.

Everything was in this chest and I hope that one day, when I'm long gone, somebody will find them and put them to good use.

I was interrupted by a shout from downstairs saying;

"Garroth! There's something going on that you need to see!"

Zane's voice was panicked which always made me panic. I shut the chest and ran back down.

Everyone was outside on the balcony that looked over the city.
I went out to see what the commotions was.

The usually bright and white city was now dull since a big dark clouds came towards the island. Thunder boomed, lightning crashed down on the waters.

"What is that," Dylan asked.

"I don't know."

The wind was picking up and grabbed Ella, pulling her close. I felt her heart racing against her chest.

"Is it another Wyren," Dylan asked.

"Not this time buddy," I say.

"What should we do," Degory asked.

I looked down to see everyone walking out of their homes to see the sight.
The clouds were miles away. Probably would take at least an hour with this wind to get here.

"We need to make everyone retreat to their shelters," I say, looking over to them.

"What if they don't," Penny asked.

"They are welcomed to stay here or at the council's shelter! If it's too crowded, have them go to a neighbor's!"

Degory and Dylan nodded, running off to take control of the situation.

"I don't like this..," Zane murmured.

"Penny, Ella, I need you to board up some of the windows that are over five feet tall. We can't risk having glass everywhere."

They nodded. Penny kissed Zane lightly on the lips, Gabriella on my cheek.

"I love you, Daddy. Be safe."

They ran off.

"What about us," Zane asked.

"You're coming with me to find out what this could be."

We were off, my enchanted sword in hand. A crash of thunder waved us goodbye from the balcony.

"I definitely don't like this!"

Word Count
634
I don't know this chapter! I'm so sorry to put a filler chapter here but, I need to!