25: Let Me Help You

Gabriella's POV:

I looked Gene dead in the eyes. My wings glowed brighter than ever before. A burning passion flowed through me. Images of my Father seemed to flashed in and out. He was my everything and now, I don't even know if he is alive or not.
Gene just laughed. The others shocked. I knew why. I wasn't in my full form before.

"Those...wings," Zane whispered.

"The one who banished us...," Zenix sneered.

"This is too good. Who knew that Ro'Meave would win," Gene says, after laughing.

"I'm Gabriella Ro'Meave. The daughter of Garroth and Aphmau Ro'Meave. The next in line for Lordship," I say proud and loud. "As my duty, I forbid you to leave!"

"My, my, my. You really took in from your Father. Selfish but, strong. I mean, why wouldn't you be? Both of your parents were basically emotional and irrational. No wonder your Mother found our souls and put them in those tapestries..."

Okay. Everyone in that group was normal. I could probably kill them one swing. Gene, though...

...was getting on freaking nerves.

I charged. On my command. I felt power run through me as my sword clashed with Gene's. I realized how much bigger they were to me. I could compete with that. I spread my angelic wings out and flapped. I rose into the air like a true bird. Once I got enough height, I banged the pommel of my sword to the space between his eyes. He fell back, only to be pushed up by the others.

"Little girls aren't suppose to fight...."

"This one does. You will regret saying my parent's names in vain."

"It's on."

They came at me, all at one. It seemed to crowded at first but, as I my power grew within me, I got the hang of it. The centuries of training with my Father payed off. They seemed to be overwhelmed.

After a while, they fell back. Gene looked furious at his lost.

"How is this possible?"

"You heard me before. I think I already answered the question."

Gene gave a sideways glance at Zane, seeming to give him a signal. My uncle smirked. He knew something. He pulled out a pendant of some sort. He whispered something in it and while I was frozen, it glowed. A image of dust seemed to appear. It surrounded me as if it was a trap. I tried to fight it but, like I said, it was dust. I gave up and let the image show me.

A man and woman. Laughing. It was dream. My one true dream.
My Father. My Mother. Both looked so...happy. In love. They looked at me, my Mother held out her hand, beckoning me to come. I wanted to so bad. Yet, part of me knew it was fake. It was going to disappear in moments and I would be in the enemies arms. My Mother's voice from my younger years, seemed to sing in my ears. My Fathers warm smile made my heart melt. My dream. My wish.

A family.

"Gabriella," Someone shouted. "It's fake! Wake up!"

I blinked. I heard Dylan but, he was no where. I looked at my parents. They seem to melt like candles, eyes as cold as ice. I knew it fake. I just knew it.

I whipped at the image, regretting it but, feeling independence as I did it. A new feeling ignited in me. I didn't know what but, I loved it. The five of the villains stood, anger flying around them. I felt someone's presence behind me.

Dylan Swan. He hand a cape of dark red silk. A spear of silver and gold. Yellow eyes becoming brighter like the sun. He had power. Like I predicted. I didn't how and why but, I knew.