28: Revolution

A/N above are pictures of all characters. Zane and Garroth don't have facial hair though. Also, you may need this song...
•••
Constitutional Era

Garroth's POV:

The date was November 28, 1777. The docks of New York Harbor seemed crowded. I carried my bag over my shoulder, looking at the chaos before me.

"You sure you want to do this," Zane ask, coming up to me. "I mean, I know Washington needs you but, it's not like our country has any...independence problems."

"The people are being taxed for their tea, Zane. Their tea. I want every new American to feel what's it like to be free."

"Even if that means we'll be away from home for so long? You haven't left Ru'an in centuries."

I smirked, turning my full body to him, hand on hip.

"How old do you think I am?"

"Over a thousand, I know that but, that doesn't make you wise," He defended with the same smirk.

His hair was pulled back into a pony tail, revealing both of his eyes. He no longer wore a mask and now, he could express himself facially. I placed a hand on his shoulder, chuckling a bit.

"We'll be home in three months. Not to long, not to short," I assure him.

"You and I have very different definitions of long and short."

"If you lived as long as me, mine is the correct one."

He rolled his eyes and brought his bag around his shoulders. We were about to walk off the ship before;

"Wait!"

We turned to see a rushed Dylan and Gabriella coming towards us.

"You guys need to be more patient with us, remember?" Dylan says, catching his breath.

"Yeah. Especially with this stupid dress!"

I chuckled at my daughter and helped her with her bag. She smiled and took my other hand that wasn't carrying the bags and we all left the boat together. Immediately, everyone around us froze. I guess they were either shocked to see a Ru'anian ship or just us in general. Word had gotten around about four immortal beings from Ru'an who are now, 'Protectors'. I never really understood why people were so shocked about this. Sure, magic beings have been dying rapidly but, that doesn't mean they aren't around.

"Garroth!"

I looked over to my right to see George Washington himself, standing there with a young looking man. We all walked over to him, smiles on our faces.

"So good to see you again!" He cheered. "I'm thankful that you were all able to come on such sort notice but, with recent matters...we need all the help we can get."

"Of course, my friends. Anything." I say.

He smiled softly, patting me on the back. He turned his attention to the younger man next to him.

"This is my secretary, Alexander Hamilton." (Heh, you're welcome)

"Such an honor to meet to you all!" Alexander says, letting out a hand to shake.