34: United Nations

Aphmau's POV:

"Can I go in now," Laurance asked.

"No," I say, calmly. "He only has you, Aaron, Lucinda, and I. We need to wait for the perfect moment."

"Ugh," He groaned.

"I have to agree with Laurance, Aph," Katelyn brought up.

"He needs some help," Lucinda said.

"Well, what do you want me to do," I asked.

They were all silent. It's, again, been years since one of us has been down there. He really doesn't need our help any more.

"Actually," Lucinda says devilishly.

"What is it babe," Travis asked.

"I have just the plan to help our friend out," She says, crossing her arms.

"Oh boy..."

•••

Garroth's POV:

"Look, Eisenhower, I don't see how this would benefit this at all," Autiol stated, in the best English he could muster.

"By sending someone in, I believe we could get more answers," Eisenhower explained. "Lord Ro'Meave here has thankfully offered him and his family to go in. This way, we could see all angles of Khrushchev's plan."

I sighed. I hated meetings. This has grown over the years. I kind of wish I was in a argument over a cat again...

Or Aphmau...

"Here's the plan," I say. "I go in with Gabriella, Zane, Degory, Dylan, and Penny. We'll put on an act to say we're turning to communism and that we like to talk about peace. Once we get enough information, we'll leave."

"Well, boys," Elizabeth added in. "That sounds all fine and dandy but, how are you going to get in there casually? And is this genius going to fall for such a simple plan?"

"The gala," I say. "I sent a letter about a week ago, saying that I want to hear all what Communism has to offer. He's throwing a party over it. I'm sure he already fell for it."

"Ha! Il est stupide," Autiol explained.

I chuckled, agreeing with it. French. Such a beautiful language. Especially when the enemy can't understand it.

"Okay. Looks like we got everything down," Eisenhower finished. "Be careful, Garroth."

"Yes. We are more than partners. We are friends," Elizabeth added.

"Vous êtes trop attentif et brave pour ce monde à perdre," Autiol said sincerely.

(You're to caring and brave for this world to lose.)

"Don't worry. I've seen things worse than, Soviets. We'll all be fine," I say, leaving the room.

As I walked down the hall, I saw many fragments of the past  America. A copy of the constitution, the original design of the flag, and a portrait of Washington himself. I had so many memories fly to me. How I met Degory. How I first came to America.

It all felt so close but, far from my thoughts.

Time has changed. Not just the world but, the people and places around me.

I soon saw Degory and Dylan waiting for me outside. They joke of how they're my guards now but, I never assigned them the job in the first place.

"How was it," Dylan ask. "Was Eisenhower screaming at Eliza again?"