Six

[Phil]

     I set my phone down and smirked at it. That boy was fun to tease. Sure I wasn't actually interested in him, but seeing how he reacted to me flirting amused me. His cheeks became a light shade of pink and he would look away, biting on his lip.

   Dan Howell was different, and I wanted to know why.

   I knocked on the door and took a step back, looking around. The apartment wasn't where rich people lived, but definitely didn't old any low class citizens. It was on the upper class side of town, where all the sweet old people or kids fresh from Uni lived. It confused me as to why he lived here, Dan always had so are money with him at school, he could do better.

   The door opened, and Camille smiled at me. She finished tying her hair up into a bun and pulled me on the house. Camille looked young, maybe in her twenty's. Her eyes were filled with life and adventure, I kinda wanted to know how adventurous she was.

   "How are you?" I asked politely, smiling.

   "I'm nervous, actually." She looked over herself in the mirror on the wall. "Going on a date, is this too much?"

   My eyes lazily scanned her body. She wore a black dress that hugged her curves, it ended mid thigh, and showed the perfect amount of cleavage.

   "Take the hair down and it will be perfect." I smiled. She did, and damn.

   "Dan's in his room, tell him I'm gone, bye!" She ran out the door, closing it behind her.

   I chuckled and shook my head, how was she raising Dan? She looked too young to be wanting a family, hell I don't think I'd ever want one. I walked down the small hallway and knocked on his door.

A muffled, "It's open!" came from the other side, so I opened it. Dan stood at his easel in a long black t shirt and white knee high socks. Music played softly in the background. His eyes looked over at me and his eyebrow flicked up.

   "What?" He asked. Why does he always sound so irritated?

   "You're starting without me?" I scoffed. "Rude. So your.... Camille is gone off to a date so it's just us here."

   "Alone?" He asked, facing me.

   "Yep." I grinned.

   "Well in that case.." He walked quickly over to where I was, and grabbed his phone to turn the music up all the way. He opened his window, and sang along to the music as he did so.

   "Get on the computer and do the research," he pointed a paintbrush at his laptop on his bed.

   "Yes sir," I mocked and sat down. His home screen was a photo of him and that guy he always talked to with a cat. He was grinning widely, and I seen a dimple.

   I looked up to where he was, his back was to me, and he was dancing slightly as he painted. I leaned back and enjoyed the view, he was so small and looked so delicate. I wanted to hug him, something in the back of my mind wanted to more.

   [Dan]

   He was watching me as I painted, I could tell. I didn't say anything, though. Rather not start an argument when I'm alone with someone. If Camille was here then that'd be a totally different story.

    But sadly she wasn't here, and I was stuck alone with him.

   "You want me to write this shit down or type and print?" He asked, scaring me a little.

   "Type it, I'll go over what you finish and write it on here once I'm finished." I replied. My eyes scanned over the painting.

   There wasn't much done, but it was coming along great. I smiled to myself, taking a step back and looked it over.

   "You look so weird like that," Phil laughed. "Why are you doing that anyways?"

   "Because," I looked up at my roof. "It needs to be perfect."

   "Perfectionist much?" He scoffed. "You're too uptight."

   "I am not." I scowled at him. "I just don't like you."

   "And why not? I like you, Bear~" He winked at me, closing the laptop.

   "Because you're you, you're annoying and snotty and you're so..." I snapped. "You're too care free!"

   "You're too uptight." He stood, walking to my door. As he passed me he leaned in close to my ear and whispered "see ya around prince."

   I frowned deeply and rolled my eyes. I hated being called uptight. I was not uptight and I was not a perfectionist. When it came to painting everything had to be perfect, it was my life. It calmed me down, and made me forget about the horrible things going on in the world.

   Unlike him, I had an escape from reality.