Thirty - Six

[Phil]

     I sat down on my desk and looked around the classroom. Today I was assigned to clean up Owens room. My eyes looked down at the desk in front of me. I couldn't help but smile at the little pencil scribbles of moons and planets and stars along the outer rim. Dan always drew on his desk, I remember I used to watch him in awe. He was always so cute..

     "So in conclusion what have we learned?" Owens began slowly walking the isles, gently setting a sheet of paper down in front of us.

   "That your class is boring." Piper retorted with a smirk. She was the red head that sat in the front row, never payed attention though.

   "She's so stupid," Dan whispered, looking over at his friend. "Why does she always pop off anyways?"

   "She's a twit obviously." The kid smirked at Dan. Dan giggled, returning back to his sheet. He let out a small sigh, pulling his knees up to his chest up in the seat. It amazed me he was small enough to sit that way. He was so small, I loved it.

   "Phil..? Phil!!" Louise threw a pencil at me. Upon seeing her my heart ached. "Owens will be here in an hour and is expected a clean classroom. Get to work please!"

    "Sorry.." I stood quickly. "Just thinking about stuff.",

   "What stuff?" She asked, coming to me.

    "D-" as if on cue, my phone on the desk lit up, and Dans face greeted me.

   "Your boyfriend?" She asked. "I know Dan. We used to be friends."

   "He's not my boyfriend." I lied, turning off my phone rather quickly.

    "Oh?" She smiled. "Well.. That's good. You're cute."

   "You're pretty cute too." I smirked. As she drew closer my ears began to ring, and as our lips touched, I woke up.

    I looked at the clock, 4:30pm. I was due to call Dan at 5. I didn't miss it, thank God I didn't miss it..

   I grabbed my jeans off the floor and pulled them on, then walked out into the lounge. There was a note taped onto the television. I went and grabbed it.

   Philip,

        I'm out on a date,
Be good!

                         Camille x

     I sighed, crumbling up the note and pulling out my phone. I punched in Dans number and held the phone up to my nose.

   "Phil?" Dan sounded confused.

   "Hey," I smiled.

   "It's not five yet, is it?"

   A voice from afar yelled "not yet!"

   "Dan.." I sighed, leaning back against the sofa. My eyes closed, and I wanted to cry. "I miss you."

   "I miss you too.." He said softly.

   "When will you be home..?" I asked.

   "Two more weeks." He answered.

   "Can we jump forward in time please?" I asked, frowning.

   "I wish..." He paused. Someone shouted something else, then I heard him burst into laughter. "How's the school thing going?"

   "Horrible! I'm not getting payed enough.." I stood and walked into the bedroom.

    "Can we Skype tonight?" He asked softly.

   I smiled. "Why don't we do it now?"

    "Okay!"

   I hung up the phone, and went to my laptop. I opened Skype just as I received a call from Dan. When I seen his face pop up onto the screen my heart jumped into my throat. His hair was curly, and short. He cut it.

   "Hi," he smiled.

   "Babe you cut your hair?" I touched the screen. "It's cute."

   "I was hoping you'd like it." He smiled. "Oh babe! This is my friend Chase!" Dan reached over and pulled someone onto the bed beside him. The boy with ice blue eyes with a bag wrapped around his head looked scared as he looked at me.

   "Uh hi-" he waved shyly. "I'm Chase."

   "I'm the boyfriend." I replied, looking at him.

   "That's Phil." Dan smiled at Chase. I wanted to cut Chase out of the picture.

   "Well uhm... I should go wash the bleach from my hair." Chase quickly stood and walked away.

   "I miss you!" Dan whined. "I wanna kiss and hug you already."

   "Two more weeks." I reminded him with a smile. "Anyways I should get going. Sleep well, baby boy. I love you."

   "I love you too," he spoke softly. I watched as the screen went black, then slowly closed the laptop, only to hug my pillow and shut out the world.