What happens at home.

Opening the door to my house, I sneak inside. Pricking my ears, I can hear the sound of humming. Following the sound I stop at the kitchen door and peer in. Mumma is standing at the sink peeling potatoes. Long brown hair is flowing down her back, and her hands work quickly on the potatoes. Sneaking up to her, I quickly cover her eyes with my hands.

"It's just me." I say quickly, before she can go all attack mode on me. "I just have something to show you, but you can't freak out."

"Ok." she replies.

"Alright keep you're eyes closed." I'm still wearing Zayn's jumper, so I quickly flip the hood up. "Alright open"

Opening her eyes, she just looks at me unimpressed.

"It's a jumper" she says.

"No no!" I reply quickly. "That's not it. I... well you know how you said that when the time came I would grow into my animal.. well I kinda did."

"Ooh really?" she says getting all excited. "What is it? Tell me what it is?" She puts a little amount of persuasion in her voice, so small I probably wouldn't have noticed it before today, but of course it has no effect on me.

"I'll just show you" I reply, before removing the hood and shaking my hair off my face. Astounded, her mouth drops open and she just stares at me. Reaching a tentative hand out she strokes my ears, making them shiver, and then moves to my face.

"Oh gosh" she breathes. "This is incredible!" Suddenly I am swept up in a strong hug. For someone so small she sure is strong.

"My little baby's all grown up, and powerful!" she shrieks.

"I KNOW RIGHT!" I shriek back. "And it's crazy, like I have stronger powers and reflexs and some other stuff I haven't sorted yet!"

"Is this why you are back early?" she queries.

"No." I reply suddenly feeling my good mood go as I remember the real reason I am home early. "You've been having talks with the school haven't you?" 

Her face becomes serious also as she realises what I am talking about. 

"Yes." she says. "About the school moving." I nod for her to continue.

"Well I've been talking it over with your dad, and we agreed on two options. You can either go to this boarding school, and see us in the term breaks, or you can go to Annalise's school. It's up to you, and whichever option you choose we support you."

"I hate decisions!" I snap, holding my head in my hands. "They're always so difficult."

"You don't have to decide now if you don't want to."

"No I should get this out of the way. Ok so if I stay here I will be with you guys all the time, but I will have to go to Annalise's school. I don't think it'll be fair on her to have me go there. She needs to be herself and all. If I go I will only be able to see you guys during the term, but I will be around my friends, at the school I love, learning important things."

"Seems like you've already made up your mind Baba."

"Seems I have." I say, turning to her. "I'll miss you every day Mumma." 

"I'll miss you too Baby." she says giving me a hug. "I had already guessed what you would choose, so I've been preparing myself. You'll do me proud." And that's how we stand in the middle of the kitchen just taking in each other's company. That is until the boys arrive home.

"MUMMY!" they both scream, running into the kitchen but stopping short when they see us.

"Hey my boys." laughs Mumma, detangling herself from me. I turn around also and hear a gasp. Flashing a grin at Dylan, the eldest, I decide it's time to tease them.