Chapter V: The Dress.

Lily looked around the large mall, clutching her backpack in her hands that had the words, "It's a puuurfect time for a cat nap" then has a small picture of a cat on it sleeping. Sure, it may seem childish but she was still, a child within.. And the height of one. But that didn't matter, now where should she go?
She looked around the mall, dazed and confused. She had been to this mall so many times but it felt so much bigger now. She had no idea where to look or where to go for fancy dresses; she had never been to prom so she never needed a reason to know.
The girl stepped onto an escalator, for a better view of mall, looking around quickly for a shop that would sell fancy clothes. She paused as her eyes landed on a store that had suits and dresses for sale, she smiled.
She stepped off the escalator, then hurried to the store, soon reaching it. She looks through the display window and smiled, looking at the dresses. They were so pretty. The girl then entered the shop, hoping that the beautiful dresses were in her budget.

Lily looked out of place among the seemingly more attractive and rich customers, she was scared in all honesty. She swallowed, quickly walking to the dresses area so she couldn't be in the presence of the judgemental stares any longer. She paused and looked at the dresses before staring in awe at them, her eyes tracing over the beautiful fabric.
She reached her hands forward to touch the expertly made, seeming to be made by God-like work of art, but her hand was slapped away by an employee.
"Do not touch the dresses, we do not want grubby hands marks all over our priceless dresses." Said the female employee rudely,
"How am I suppose to try it on then?" Lily asked, a roar of laughter erupted from the woman.
"Darling, I think it would be better for you to go to a place more suited for your sorts.... Target or even Big W." The woman commented, smirking widely.
"Let me try on one of the dresses, please." Lily pleaded, her eyes filled with hope. The woman looked at her and sighed.
"Fine, but you're paying for the dry cleaning." She murmured impatiently, then tapped her foot on the ground.
"Pick one quickly, I'm not gonna waste more time, prying myself from worthy customers." The woman groaned impatiently.
Lily looked at her before browsing the dresses, then grabbed a black one, which she could see herself in. She looked at the woman, who rolled her eyes and directed her to the changing room.
Lily walked into the small space and closed the curtain. She quickly took off her clothes then with a struggle, got the dress on, her eyes traced over her reflection. She loved it, the dress was perfect, everything she ever wanted. She smiled happily and did a small spin then started to observe the certain features of the dress.
The dress was quite simple, nothing too different or showy; she didn't want to be the centre of attention after all. It had flowy like a skirt bit on the bottom which was separated by a line of fabric which acted like a belt and looked like a bow, the top of it was sleeveless and a plain black top. She liked it, a lot. There was another dress she really liked but it was too showy for what she was going for.

In the reflection of the mirror the curtain behind her moved, and not like a breeze, human like. The curtain then closed and the girl stopped her focus on the dress, looking at herself in her entirety. She smiled, she really liked it, really, really liked it.
She suddenly felt two arms wrap around waist and she instinctively jumped, hitting him in the face with the back of her head, he instantly let go of her and held his head, stepping back.
"Well, I've got to give it to you, Shorty. You really do pack a punch." The man murmured, hold his chin. Her eyes widened and she spun around, seeing the stranger. The stranger with no name.
"O-Oh it's you." Lily said, looking at the man, her eyes filled with guilt, "I'm sorry!" She exclaimed quickly,
"I have a name." He grunted, letting go of his chin. She really didn't hurt him but it was quite amusing seeing her facial expressions.
"You never told me it." She said and reached up a hand to see if his chin did hurt anymore, but paused as she realised that would hurt if she did touch the area she hit.
"It's none of your business." He answered, he looked at her hand and raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing?" He asked, he smirked slightly, "Do you want me to lick your fingers." He joked.
The girl's eyes widened and she blushed, "No!" She squeaked before pulling her hand away quickly in fear that he would.
"You looked great by the way." He commented, as he chuckled at the girl's reaction. He placed a hand on the girl's cheek.
"T-Thank you." She said, her cheeks only reddening as he placed a hand on her cheek, looking up at the taller man.
"Almost good enough to-" The man got cut off by an impatient and unamused huff,
"Excuse me, Miss. But it's ether you buy that dress, leave this shop and never come back or leave this shop and never come back." She said smiling.
The man laughed, "Charming." He commented sarcastically, he moved his hand and was about to walk out but paused.
"W-Wait!" Lily yelled, grabbing the back of the man's shirt, she needed to ask this.
"What?" She asked, looking back at her, a bit annoyed by her touching him,
"Where do I meet you tomorrow?" She asked, she didn't want to get lost or do anything wrong.
"My house." He said simply, he was about to leave again but paused, "Oh yeah, by the way. Get a mask, it's a requirement of the party." He then left.

The girl watched him go, stunned by him, she heard a clearing of the throat. She flushed in embarrassment and then closed the curtain, quickly getting out of the dress and got into her normal clothes.
She came out of the small changing room, holding the dress, the lady glared at her as she walked past and went to the counter.
She paid for her dress and left the shop, ("Never come back!" Called the cashier) she hated it so much, but the dresses were so nice.
She let out a long awaited deep exhale and looked at the bag in which her dress was in. Now to get a mask, and some lipstick.
The girl went to a normal convenience store for her lipstick and mask. (This was because the other store had almost used all her money.)
She debated over whether getting a golden, pink or purple one, she decided for a classy but still personality filled one; so pink, she couldn't help it. At least it had a few silver coloured fake stones, right? Right? Right.
She also got a light, pastel pink lipstick that matched the shade of the mask she had. She soon paid for the items, placing them in he very mature bag and now she was headed back home, she was excited and scared.

If only she knew..