Chapter 7

I woke to the smell of coffee and bacon, causing my stomach to turn at the smell. I struggle into a sitting position knowing if I don't find a bathroom now I will be losing my entire stomach contents on the floor.

Slowly getting to my feet I head for the bathroom. My eyes still firmly shut in the hope to not upset my tummy even more. Feeling my way along the wall I finally reach the bathroom, peeping through my one eye I spot the toilet and had the seat lifted just in time.

After what felt like hours of throwing up I flush the toilet I get up and opened the tap sticking my entire head under the water. Why did I do this to myself? Why did I drink so much? This is the third time this week I got blinding drunk. Luckily I didn't have to go into work today so I didn't have to cancel again.

"Be careful you might drown yourself, and then I would need to try and explain the dead body."

Whacking my head against the tap at the sound of her voice I couldn't for the life of me understand why I was hearing her voice. It must be my imagination. If I ignore myself it will go away soon enough.

"Brandon get your head out from under there and take a shower if you want. But you are wasting water and it's my bill you are running up." The irritation was evident in her voice and I knew I wasn't imagining it.

So I slowly closed the water with my one hand and felt around for a towel with my other. Slowly wiping my face on the towel I get up and turn around to face her. She was mad as hell I could tell you that.

If she could breathe fire she would be able to give Sleeping Beauties dragon a run for their money.

"Hi Sam. What are you doing here?" really what are you doing here? That's the best I could come up with. She is fire breathing mad and I ask her that!

"I live here you moron. Now drink this, take a shower and put on clean clothes, you stink." Handing me a glass of something she drops my cloths on the floor and closes the bathroom door. With a very loud bang might I add. Causing the headache I have to kick into overdrive.

For a moment I am totally stunned at what just happened when I start to take in my surroundings. The bathroom had grey tiles on the walls and black tiles on the floor. There was lime green towels handing on the towel rack. Bubble bath and bath oils where lining the shelf above the bath and lime green curtains where hanging in front of the window.

I was not in my apartment. I was indeed in Sam's apartment. Why was I in Sam's apartment? The party was in my apartment last night. Racking my brain trying to figure out what the hell happened last night I down the stuff in the glass and pick up my clothes from the floor.

Turning on the hot water I strip down and get in, savoring the feel of the water on my skin. Only after standing under the water some time do I notice the plaster and bandage on my arms.

My brain was a blank I cannot remember one thing from last night. Quickly showering, being careful not to pull at the bandage and plasters I get dressed and head back to the front off the apartment.

The smell of the bacon was still not pleasant but the coffee smell with it was what I needed right now. Heading into the kitchen I find Sam. She was standing bare foot in a pair of very short shorts and a red t-shirt, her now very dark, short hair pulled back into a clip. She was biting her lip again as she was busy turning the bacon.

"Cups are in the cupboard above your head, and behind you on the counter are the coffee and the pain tablets. I suggest you take two now and two more after you have eaten."

Startled by her knowledge of me standing there I mumble a thank you and make myself a cup of coffee. Tearing open the packed I take the tablets and quickly swallow them. I was just about to ask her what is going on when there was a knock on the door.