Chapter 20- Hide And Seek

Lily

No, no, no. I quickly flew out of bed and to the bathroom. I headed straight to the toilet and threw up my dinner. I rested my forehead on the cold rim. It's been like this for the last few days. Me waking up to run into the bathroom and puke. At first I thought I was sick but now I'm not so sure. I turn my head and look at the pregnancy test on the counter. The pink and blue flashy box seemed to be teasing me, messing with my mind.

Daniel has no idea I haven't been feeling well lately because he wakes up before me now so he can go and work in his office. Ever since the day after I met with Jay, Daniel has been in his office or out training from before I wake up till it's way past dark. I joined him for the first few days but I got bored fast so I just stuck with helping with training.

Taking a last look at the pregnancy test sitting there on the counter I knew I have to be pregnant. I remember that we were forgetting something when we had sex. Now I feel stupid. What we were forgetting was a condom. Flushing I got up and grabbed the test and did my business.

Putting the seat down I sat with stick in hand waiting for the answer. It's either negative or positive. Ahh! Why can't it be faster. Slowly I see the negative line show but then the other line appears. I'm pregnant!

I'm going to have a baby! I'm..... over 3 weeks pregnant.

Well that popped my balloon. How the hell can I hide being a month pregnant from Daniel? Oh yes I'm hiding this from him. He has too much going on right now to think about a baby with the war and all. Oh no. The war. How can I go with Jay when I'm pregnant? I still have a week to decide. Breath.

I heard a knocking on the door. I really hope it's Daniel or at least Marcus. Quickly I buried the test in the bottom of the garbage. I opened the bathroom door then I went and opened the bedroom door. I was met by a smiling Caleb. "Oh hey Caleb." I said a little disappointed as I walked to my bed and sat down.

"'Oh hey Caleb.' That's all I get." he teased as he sat next to me.

Laughing I tried again. This time in a girly voice as I twirled my brown ringlets. "Oh my god Caleb, I feel like I haven't seen you in like forever. I'm so glad you're here."

"Better. Now who was it you wanted to see besides your mate of course?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I guess it's just I haven't really talked with Marcus at all."

"Well he's off with his mate."

I fell back on the bed with a huge huff. "Yeah I know. Stupid mates."

He bent over me and gave me a skeptical look with his pale green eyes. "But you have a mate."

"Well you don't see him here with me now do you?" I said cynically and he shook his head.

"It's just because he's busy Lils." Caleb tried to reason on Daniels behalf.

"Yeah that seems to be the common trend. He's too busy with work and everyone else is too busy with their mates." I whined.

"Now Lily you know they are working hard ."

I gave him a hard shove so he fell next to me in the bed. "Your not helping Caleb. Just let me have my whiny moment." I laughed.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Well Lily I don't have a mate so I guess you can hang out with me. That reminds me though. I haven't seen you since you stormed out of the office the other day. Where did you go?"

"The woods." I smiled. I slept overnight in the woods and no one found me just like I had hoped. The next day when I came back Daniel was there waiting on the balcony and as soon as he saw me, he ran up to me and engulfed me in a hug. He kept saying he was sorry and I reluctantly forgave him.