Chapter 18- Being Left Out

Lily

"He's awake." Cole said as he entered the kitchen.

"Thanks." I said and then finished the rest of the breakfast on my plate.

When I was done I grabbed my jean jacket and through it over my red and blue striped tank. This morning is pretty calm surprisingly. Daniel has been at work all morning and Steven has been asleep for the last 2 day from the amount of blood he lost when he came to us. Now that he's awake though I want to talk with him.

When I entered the infirmary I found Steven lying in the bed with an IV plugged in his hand. His face and the top of his chest I could see was still covered in deep purple bruises and the cuts were covered in a thin layer of white fabric. He had 3 stripes on his face. "You look like a marshmallow." I mocked.

Steven must have jumped a foot in the air from the fright I just gave him. With a hand over his heart he tried to slow down his racing heart. "Don't you knock?"

I shrugged. "I don't need to. My pack, my infirmary. Now tell me more about this Luna Lily thing." I ordered.

He let out a long sigh. "When Jay took over I was 2 years older than you. I remember some but my older sisters explained more to me. So when he took over everyone was happy to have him lead us because you know he was everything you could ask of a leader. But when he started to change we remembered the stories and started planning just in case they were real. The whole pack was forced not to tell you things like that so we couldn't warn you. We just waited for something to change."

I sat down in the chair next to his bed. "I guess that makes sense but not everyone in the pack is on my side are they?"

"No." he said a little sadly. "Almost half of us are with you. The others don't believe in the stories or they believe Jay is leading them to be the best and strongest pack out there. A lot of them however, are just scared of him finding out about it."

"That's too bad I guess." I know what it's feels like to be scared of him.

Steven turned toward me with his blonde hair hovering right over his dark blue eyes. "What's it like for you here?"

I pulled my eyebrows together. "What do you mean?"

"Back home I know what Jay did to you and the kids. I saw one of his fits and I saw him hurt you. You were miserable. So what's it like now."

"It's good. I have a family and a mate who love me. I never have to worry about doing or saying anything wrong and being punished for it. I can live in peace without fear." Of course that was before Jay found us and took Sarah and Rosie.

"I'm glad your happy." he said sincerely.

"Steven why is it that you wouldn't talk to any of my other pack members?" I asked.

He tried to shrug but all he did was wince and hiss. "Um... I was commanded to give you the message but that broke once I delivered it. I guess I also wanted to talk with you. I saw Marcus there but it's not the same. You're like my leader."

"Ok 1 more question. What is your mate like?"

Steven's body and eyes soften as he thought of her. His eyes glazed over as he pictured her. "Her name is Annabelle and she's perfect. She's is few inches taller than you with strawberry blonde curly hair and hazel eyes. Annabelle is still in school but when she graduates she wants to become a pack teacher. She is shy but brave at the same time." he stopped there and smiled.