Chapter 27- Worrying About Lily

Caleb

Raining. That's all it has been doing since the war or fight or whatever you wanna call it. Anyway it was about a week ago. A week since the fight, a week since Mikey became an Alpha, a week Daniel has been in his coma, a week since I was appointed beta and a week now that Lily has been our Alpha. Things have been different but mainly Lily has been different.

I knew as soon as I saw her hiding in the crowd when Ash was losing his mind that something was off. She told me to shut up but I knew something bad was going to happen and sure enough it did just like I thought. She got hurt and as soon as Daniel wakes up, Ash is going to be hurting badly in more ways than one. He should have known that no matter what he thought of Lily it was stupid to challenge her. If it wasn't such bad timing I would tell Lily I told you so but I like living so I'm just going to shut up and wait it out. Something is still different about Lily however. I think it has to do with missing her mate.

Not having her mate I think pushed her into being a complete Luna. Every morning she is out with the pack members working with them on whatever they need help with. Afternoons she is in the office behind Daniel's desk doing the paperwork and bills. At night she has supper, well correction she eats less than half and I know she only eats that much because she's pregnant, then afterward she goes and sleeps with Daniel. Lily acts different though too. She no longer wears any makeup which means her bruise on her cheek from Ash you can still see and usually that should heal by now but Lily it's not healing I think it's because she sad and depressed and her body is just out of whack. She is kinda empty without having her mate around. When she's around the children she still smiles and acts happy but still different. For example yesterday morning.

Flashback

Where did she disappear to now? For all I know she wandered off somewhere and is tripped and fell into the river and got washed away or she fell in a hole and is trapped and dying. Is she trying to give me a hard attack? I swear this girl just dissapears out of thin air only too scare the crap out of me.

I went to check in the infirmary where Daniel is but she wasn't there. She owes me big time because Missy was there and she was in a bad mood because apparently Lily needs an ultrasound for her baby like ASAP but off course Lily is as stubborn as ever and won't do it. So I got to listen to Missy complain for 10 minutes. Now I'm standing in front of the house looking out at the pack houses but still no sign of Lily. 'Lily darling where are you?' I sang over our mind link.

'I'm at Lana's house.' she informed me with a happy voice.

I know where Lana's is. She has a nice little red house only a couple houses away from the infirmary. I walked to the house and knocked on the door. "In the back!" Lily called.

I walked to the back of the house and found Lily with 2 little girls Bailey and Tina who were both 5. Lily is hanging sheets on the line, swaying her hips to the country music she has playing on the old radio that Lana has on the deck. The little 2 were giggling and squealing as they ran around the sheets chasing each other.

Lily was dressed simply in loose jeans, flip flops, an unbuttoned shirt of Daniels and a tight white tank top underneath. The tank top has no troubles showing off her baby bump which is way more noticeable now. I think it grows daily. "Whatcha doing?" I mused.

She glanced at me. "I'm hanging up clean hospital sheets. If you wanna help you can grab the basket of clips and follow me around." she said as she pointed to the basket of clips.

I did as she said and started following her with the clips. "You owe me sis." I mention breaking the silence.

She turned to me and gave me a sweet smile and cocked her head. Don't be disieved this should seem normal but I know she's hurting inside even though she sends me a smile. She is a master of trickery. "Why is that?"