Chapter 13- Unlocking the Truth

Lily

    Daniel sat at his desk with his mouth hanging open for a few minutes while I just stared at the now unlocked blue book. Slowly as if the book would fall apart in my hands I opened it up to the title page. The pages were obviously old with tan coloring and elegant cursive writing in black pen and from the ink blotches I can tell it was no easy task writing this. It reminded me of writing that you would see on old documents like the U. S. Declaration of Independence but the odd writing isn’t what shocked me the most. On the front cover page it wrote, To The Blue Eyed Girl. “Daniel?” I said in almost a whisper.

     Hearing my concern, he rushed right over to sit on the glass coffee table in front of me. Trying to read my expression he turned my face to look at him. “What’s the matter?” he asked with worry.

     Without saying a word I handed him the book. He read what I just did, “To the blue eyed girl.” His eyes flicked to mine and I knew he was thinking of my eyes. Then he flipped the page, “My name is Emileen Grace Summons and this is my story.”

     “Angel do you wanna read this?” he asked softly. I shook my head no so he shut the book but before he put it away I spoke up.

     “Can you read it?” I asked. I didn’t like how weird this book was but I have a gut feeling that it tells of something very important.

     He nodded and sat on the edge of the couch pulling me on to his lap. He opened the page where he left off and started to read. “My story.” it titled. “My name is Emileen Grace Summon. I was born in the Midnight Moon Pack on June 14th, 1868. I grew up in a happy family. My father, Jackson Summons, is the Alpha of the Midnight Moon Pack which makes my mother, Catherine Adams, our Luna. Never in all my life have I ever seen such a strong mated pair that shared so much love. We were a happy family with a happy pack. In my family there was mother and father, my 15 year old brother William, me at 10 years old, and my little brother Carter was on his way. We were happy until my dear mother died during childbirth. I was assigned to take care of Carter and it wasn’t too hard because for the most part he was a happy baby. My father knew as soon as my mother died that without her love he would die soon so he gave his Alpha position to William. William was now 16 and capable of taking the roll as Alpha. My pack while sad that my parents would soon both be gone were at least happy that Will would be leading us because he was smart, loyal, and loving. Everything an Alpha should be.

     My father was right about him going to die. He passed away a few weeks later and that’s when my life changed forever.

     My loving William starting getting darker and further away. He started making snap decisions and new rules with harsher punishments. He’d come home angrier every day and soon I didn’t see the same caring brother I grew up with. It didn’t take long for his anger to be taken out on me. He would call me vial names and beat me without care on how he hurt me. My pack knew about it but they could do nothing because Will used his Alpha voice to command them not to do or say anything about it. It was as if I never existed. The only thing I had to live for was Carter. If it was not for him I would have taken my life many moons ago and that is a fact I know for sure.

     I took the abuse for 6 1/2 years until I was almost 17 when I finally ran away taking Carter with me. I knew from the time Will started to change that I was going to run away but I had to wait till Carter was old enough to come with me. We ran to our neighboring pack the Blue Moon Pack. That’s where I found Alpha Samuel of the Blue Moon Pack who was my mate. Samuel, Carter and I lived happy for quite some time before Will found us a wrecked everything. He started a war between packs.