Chapter 25- Now or Never

Lily

    Jay stood across from us looking back and forth from where I was with Rosie to where I am now with Daniel. “What the hell?” He mumbled under his breath.

    While he was busy trying to figure out what just happened, I took my chance to look and see how many members of his pack were wearing the gold chains like Steven said. There are more than I expected to see. About half of them wearing gold but they were all young or old but I expected that. Most of the young ones that are my age, like Steven, are here because they were pushed this way by their parents and all the mates who had kids old enough to have their own kids were here.

    Eventually my eyes roamed back to Jay. “You know I pity you, right?”

    His face twisted even more into confusion. “Why would you pity me?”

    “Do you know about the curse on our family?”

    “Of course I do. It was a story that has passed through our pack for hundreds of years.”

    “Then you know what it’s doing to you?”

    A smile flittered across his face. “Yes I do. I’m not stupid. Who’d want to be a nice, boring Alpha anyway when you can have fear installed on the pack and have more control. I would never change the way I am now.” His voice rang strong but his eyes said he was lying.

    I took one final look at the gold chains in his pack before I looked back at him. “Fear only works so long guys before they start turning against you.”

    I waved my hand towards me but no one came. “It’s alright. You are safe with us. I promise.”

    Everyone remained in place tell one girl with strawberry blonde hair broke her rank. Not even looking back at Jay or the pack she took off into a full sprint toward us. I watched her go until she slammed into Steven’s arms. So that is Annabelle. Well welcome to the pack.

    When I looked back at the other pack, now others gave hug to their loved ones before they started walking over toward us. Most of them were hand in hand with their mates but others were solo. I have a feeling their mates lay somewhere within my pack. After everyone who was willing came over to our side Jay was furious. His face was pure red and his eyes were completely black. Daniel noticed too and he stepped up, “Now Jameson, you can choose to fight or leave and go back to your land. I have no desire to expand my pack and I am willing to let you keep yours.” I knew Daniel didn’t need anymore work on his plate and I really couldn’t blame him for not wanting another pack but I also know he wouldn’t let Jay continue ruling like this.

    Jay didn’t give us an answer but instead he ripped through his clothes and into his dark brown wolf. Almost immediately his pack mimicked him. It was only ocean of different colored wolves readying themselves. “I’d take that as he wants to fight,” I whispered under my breath.

    Once that left my lips Jay started to run at us. His claws padded and tore up the dirt. “Shift!” Daniel commanded. I let his hand slip away from mine as we shifted.

    The other wolves hit us like a wave and within seconds the fight was on. ‘Do we kill them?’ Cole asked through our mind link.

    I spotted him fighting a brown wolf. The brown wolf keeps aiming carelessly for his throat and Cole keeps dodging him. ‘If they try to kill you yes but other wise do your best to knock them out.’ I responded. Cole nodded his wolf head and the next time his  opponent lunged for his throat he bit down on his neck. In one fluid motion he swung the wolf around and hurled him into a rock. There was a distinct crack and the wolf slid to the ground but I don’t think he is dead. If he was dead....well theres nothing we can do about it now.