Chapter 16- I'm Not a Cheater

Lily

I popped my head in Mikey's room. He was laying in his bed staring at the ceiling, deep in thought. "You coming?"

He must have jumped a foot in the air from my surprise. Trying to slow down his racing heart he turned to look at me, "Go where?"

"There is training today for the soon to be war out behind the house for who ever wants to help." Daniel made the announcement yesterday afternoon about Jay taking Sarah and Rosie. From the way it sounds everyone is on board and willing to help. So Daniel had to make different groups for training and the one I'm going to now is for the best and most skilled fighters. I was ready to face them and I even have shorts and a sports bra for my workout clothes. I figured it was better than skinny jeans and a blouse.

Mikey hopped off his bed and followed me out. I couldn't help but look at my little brother standing next to me. He has to be a few inches taller than me and I can see his muscles through his shirt. He is in the stage where he is just getting out of his lanky awkward stage. "Why are you staring at me?" he asked nervously.

"When did you grow up so fast?"

That seemed to cheer him up a little. "I don't know and besides I'm not completely grown up."

"Mikel you're taller than me." I reasoned.

"Case you haven't noticed Lily everyone is taller than you." he teased.

"Haha." I mocked.

We walked in silence for a little bit longer before he spoke again, "You didn't tell Daniel about us being able to shift earlier than any other wolf did you?"

He knows me so well. "Nope. I figure it's another surprise for them. Besides after the whole being his mate thing, he seemed to forget out us coming to him as 3 wolves." There is purks to shifting earlier. We have more years to train so that means more strength, endurance, speed and agility.

"Oh well. That means this should be fun." he laughed as we walked out onto the terrace. I looked down on the grass and found a group of about 20 some people, over half were shirtless guys, standing there watching Daniel and Chris wrestle. Once I reached the group gathered watching the boys Daniel had just pinned Chris down and had his teeth ready to bite Chris.

Daniel stood up cheering that he won and then came over to me and gave me kiss on the lips. "Good morning Angel."

"Yes it is." I replied as I focused on his bare chest. I have to say I prefer him shirtless. He lifted my chin and I gave him another kiss on the lips making him growl in pleasure.

We all focused back on Chris when hopped of the ground with a beaming smile on his face. "Ok who's next?" he asked eagerly.

No one moved a muscle as he stood there waiting. Cole was standing behind me so I turned to him, "Why is no one going to face him?"

Cole leaned into my ear, "Because after your mate and Ash he is the next best fighter and then it's me."

I whispered back, "Then why don't you go kick his butt up there and knock him down to forth."

I could feel Cole's smile. "I can't cause we each know each others faults so no one would ever win."

"I can beat him." Then I turned to Chris and spoke up. "I accept your challenge."

Daniel hesitatingly unwound his arms from me as I made my way to Chris. Chris was smiling an evil smile as he said, "I'm the second best fighter here darling."

"So I've heard." I said blandly.

He put on a cocky smile. "I promise to take it easy on you Lily."