13: Who Is That?

When the sun rises, I stand and feel a pain in my back. I rest my hands on the small of my back, leaning back slightly. I look down. I can see a slight bump on my stomach. Derrick was right, it was growing fast. It seems surreal. There's another human being inside of me. It's just strange to think about.

The others wake up a little while later, coming over to me to find food. I hand out cereal bars. I go over to Fang, who is still in his same spot, but now he is sitting up. I toss him a bar, and he nods a thank you. I go back over to the others and sit beside Nudge, eating silently.

We gather a little while later, about to take off. I take off running and take off, the others follow. I feel a little off balanced at first, but soon right myself. We're a thousand feet in the air before anyone speaks.

"Are we going back to the island?" Nudge asks. "Because even though it may not be the safest place, I left all my clothes and hair accessories and magazines and everything back at my treehouse. My good jeans are still there! We have to go back and get them! Please, Max, can we? We have to go so we ca-" she is cut off by Iggy, he was flying above her and put his hand over her mouth.

"So where are we going?" He asks, clearly annoyed.

"We'll go by the islands to pick up a few things, and then we'll go somewhere else. We can't risk going back to a familiar place." I say and we keep flying. Then, there is a rush through the sky, and someone rams into me.

I am thrown across the sky, caught off guard. Then someone catches me. I'm expecting to see Fang, but I see someone who looks vaguely familiar. Blonde hair, blue-green eyes, I could see his large muscles through his shirt. Then it hits me.

"Dylan?!"