21: Max's POV

Back to Max's POV

______________________

I fly towards the cliff where Fang came from. Why did Dylan do this? Was he trying to hurt me or get back at me? Wait...there's nothing to get back at me for. I've been nice to him all these years. Well, except for when we met up with him while we were flying back to the island. But that's no excuse for him to kill my child!

I see Dylan on the ledge. I fly towards him as fast as my wings will carry me, not a single tear in my eye. I am furious.

I land beside Dylan, slamming my hands into his chest. "What the heck is wrong with you?!" I yell.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Dylan says, crossing his arms.

"Just get out of here and don't come back!"

"Fine. I'll just let then take care of you all," Dylan motions towards the tree line as 10 Erasers walk out. "Well, I'll see you later, Max." He takes off.

I turn towards the Erasers, my hands balled into fists. "What do you all wan-"

A girl steps forward. A very familiar girl. I examine her and recognize her immediately. "Andi? What are you doing here? I thought you were back at the school."

"We've been given orders to eliminate you. And we're not going to fail," Andi smiles and an Eraser lunges at me.

I duck and grab his ankle, knocking him on the ground. I punch him in the nose for good measure. I spin around, kicking another Eraser that's going after Fang in the back. I grab another one's arm and flip it. I feel a searing pain in my back. I turn and see an Eraser standing there. Before I can react, he sends his long, sharp claws through my stomach. I gasp, feeling them come out my back. He pulls his claws out, my blood dripping off of them. I grab the eraser's neck and twist it harshly to the side. He drops like a bag of bricks.

I fall to my knees, holding my stomach. I look around for any more Erasers, but see none. Fang runs over to me, catching me and laying me down on the ground.

"Fang, I'm alright." I say quietly.

"Max, we both know you're not." Fang says, his voice cracking. A puddle of blood forms around me.

"I love you, Fang." I whisper, a single tear rolls down my cheek. The world starts to turn fuzzy.

Fang pulls me to his chest, tears running down his face. "I love you too, Max."

Then, I am dragged into an eternal sleep. And all I see is darkness.