20: Fang's POV

Fang's POV

______________________

When I wake up later that night, I could tell something was wrong. I look over, Max is still there. I stand and go over to the kids. Liz is sleeping quietly and calmly, while Nick is kicking, tossing and turning. And Ember... isn't in her crib. Where's Ember? I look up and see an Dylan holding her in his arms.

"Dylan! What are you doing?" I hiss.

He shrugs. "Your all's child is adorable," he looks up at me. "Such a shame that I have to take her." He busts out the window and takes off after him. He flys in loops, zig zags, anything he can do to try and confuse me.

He lands on a cliff that is high above the beach. I land a few feet away from him. He turns to me and I can see Ember is now awake. She looks up at me with her caramel colored eyes.

"It's okay, sweetie," I say. "You'll be okay."

Dylan locks eyes with me and says, "I have my priorities, just like you have yours. But right now, if I want my family to be safe, I have to do this."

"Dylan don-" but it was too late. He let go of Ember. I could see her falling, just like how I saw Maya falling, those many years ago. I try to go after her, but two Erasers came out of no where, holding me back. "No!" I yell. I hear Ember's wails and then...nothing. The Erasers stepped back and I walk to the edge of the cliff and look down. Ember's body is laying on the sand in an odd position, a pool of blood forms around her. My breath catches in my throat.

I turn to face Dylan. My hands balled into fists, anger in my usually emotionless eyes. I go over to him and poke my finger into the center of his chest.

"You think that I'm going to be the only one effected by this. But Max was the mother of that child. If you 'love' her so much, why did you do this? I don't think you love her at all. You're just mad. So you decided to try and take your anger out on me. But you took it out on her, too."

I spun around and zoomed back towards our tree house, a tear rolling down my cheek. I burst inside and see Max awake, holding both Liz and Nick. She looks over at me. "Fang?"

I go over to her and take Liz. She looks up at me, and rests her head on my chest. I take a shaky breath and whisper, "She's gone. Dylan killed her."

That's when Angel comes in. Her eyes are shiny with tears. "It's true, isn't it?" She says in a small voice. She could tell by the looks on our faces that it was true. That Ember was gone.

Max gets an angry look on her face. She sets Nick down in his crib and takes off. I hand Liz to Angel. "Watch them. We'll be back in a minute." And I take off after Max, hoping that she was going to go kill Dylan for what he did.