16: Get Out!

I wake up in the morning before anyone else. I look down and sit up, making sure I wasn't seeing things. My stomach had grown twice the size it was yesterday.

Yesterday, it wasn't noticeable. But today... Maybe if I wear a larger t-shirt they won't be able to tell. I stand up, pulling a plain blue t-shirt out of my bag. I think it's actually a guys shirt. I bought it out of the guy's section at Kohl's, so I'm pretty sure it is. I go into the other room and take off my other shirt. It was big on me yesterday, but now it was a little tight. I always wear a tank top under all of my shirts, just in case something happened to my top shirt. But now the tank top kept riding up, so half of my bulging stomach is exposed. So I had to take off my tank top as well. I pick up my other large t-shirt so I can put it on.

Just then, the window busts open and Dylan is standing there.

"Dylan, why the hell are you here?" I say.

He stares at me, his mouth gaping slightly.

"What?" I ask. Then I realize what he's talking about. I put the shirt on that's in my hand, since I was standing in front of him in just my bra.

"Max, are you-"

"Shut up!" I hiss quietly. "The others can't know."

"So... You are?"

I hesitantly nod.

"By who?"

I roll my eyes. "Who do you think?"

His face turns red slightly. "Why won't you tell them?"

"Because, you know them. Nudge and Angel will freak - in a good way. Iggy and Gazzy will freak - in a bad way. And something happened to Fang and I don't think he wants the attention."

"You'll have to tell "them eventually."

"We'll cross the bridge when we get to it. Now back to my question. Why. Are. You. Here?"

"I was making sure you all were okay."

"I'm pretty sure we're okay. But you shouldn't be barging in here when I'm changing."

"I didn't know you were changing..." I gave him a smug look. "Okay, fine, I did know you were changing. But I had to be sure!" He says, blushing slightly.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?"

"Because the school thinks I'm working with them. So they're telling me stuff I'm supposto do. And one of those things is to kidnap you. If I don't do it, they will send Erasers after you to kill you."

"If they want to kidnap me, why would they kill me if you fail?"

He shrugs. "No idea."

I sigh. "Okay, thanks. Now get out!"

"Okay, I'll leave you alone. But just know that Erasers will come after you if I do."

I pause for a moment, pretending to ponder over it before saying "Get out!"

"Okay, fine." He jumps back out the window he came in through and takes off.

I go back into the other room and sit back down beside Fang. His eyes open when he feels me beside him. I half smile at him and he reaches over and take smy hand.

I look over at him, but he's already falling back asleep. I smile slightly. Maybe the old Fang would come back. I really hope he would...