-eleven-

"A person's a person, no matter how small" 

-Dr. Seuss

On the following Monday, Cadie was different.

Instead of throwing on whatever hid her skinny body the most, she spent time picking out an outfit that made her feel confident.

She also wore her robot necklace that everyone had called weird back in freshman year. And Cadie even put on a bit of makeup, despite the fact that her ex best friend Holland had told her it made her look like a skeleton.

After putting on her red converse and grabbing her sandwich, she said goodbye to Graham and her parents and headed for the bus stop.

The rest of her family always asked Cadie why she took the bus. On several occasions her mom had offered to buy her a car and teach her how to drive, or there was always the option of having Graham take her, but she refused. To Cadie, riding the bus was freedom. It was peace and quiet, or at least it was.

Now, Cadie wan't so sure.

Ever since Hunter had come into her life, she wasn't sure how she felt anymore. He made her confident, more friendly, just better, but at the same time scared and nervous. He made her want to stop hiding from the world and start showing them who she really was. To show him who she really was.

Maybe Cadie was a nerd and maybe she was ugly and short and awkward, but she was still someone, and she wanted people to know that they couldn't just push her around anymore.

I don't really like this chapter, but whatever. If you guys are missing Hunter's charms and good looks, don't worry, he will be back soon. Also I wanted to share that lovely quote with you. Thanks for all your support! Remember that you have the chance to get a dedication if you comment or fan c: