-twenty three-

Cadie walked into the auditorium doors at exactly 12:30. Her palms were sweating and she could feel herself shake a little bit.

The drama teacher sat at his desk in the 4th row, smiling right at her.

"Caide! So glad you came! Whenever you are ready, go ahead and get up on the stge and preform your monologue. After that I'm just going to have you sing a few bars and we'll be all good to go." he said.

Cadie gulped and took a deep breath. She could do this. She believed in herself, Hunter believed in her, and that was all she needed.

She stepped on stage and took a deep breath. 

At first when she spoke, it came out as a small whisper. The nerves were consuming her every thought. Her mind went blank and she couldn't remember where she was. What she was doing.

"Cadie? Are you going to start?" her teacher questioned.

She cleared her throat and squeezed her eyes shut. 

Hunter's face popped into her head and all of a sudden she was calm. Cadie opened her eyes and imagined that he was there, in the back or the old auditorium, smiling at her. She pretended it was just him and her.

The words began to glide off Cadie's tongue like butter melting in a pan. She knew this was her time to shine.

And the whole time she was thinking about how great it would be to tell Hunter how well she did.

2nd update of the night, hope it was okay. Love you <3