-seven-

By Friday, you consider Cadie and Hunter almost friends. 

Sure Hunter knew about her strange habit to wash her shoelaces every Sunday.

Sure she knew about his music taste which could easily be associated with that of a teenage girl.

But the two didn't know the small things about each other. Hunter didn't even know that she had a brother, let alone a brother who he was now friends with.

On the bus ride home on Friday, Cadie could barely breathe. Since that first day they met, she had gotten more comfortable around Hunter. She was still completely and utterly shy and all around socially awkward, but they had gotten used to each other's presence. Now though, it felt like Cadie was taking steps backwards.

When Hunter greeted her, she just stuck her headphones in her ears and turned up the volume.

When he came and sat down next to her, she scooted close to the window.

When he tried to asked her what was wrong, she pretended not to hear him.

She wasn't upset, she wasn't angry. She just feared the night ahead, because Hunter was coming to her house. Hunter that made her heart flip upside down every time she saw him, and she was not prepared.

Just to be clear, Graham and Hunter are juniors (grade 11) and Cadie is one year younger. Thanks for all your love and support, this week TPBBR made it to #551 in short stories and #847 in humor. It probably wont stay there for long, but thank you still!