-nineteen-

The next few weeks were awkward between Cadie and Hunter at first, but after a few days, they got into a comfortable routine. He would come to Cadie's house after school on Thursdays and she would come watch him at football practice on Saturday mornings. 

Things between them were good, calm. But alas, nothing can ever stay peaceful.

The first week of April, Cadie came to Hunter, her face full of worry.

"What's wrong?" Hunter questioned.

Cadie took a deep breath and held up a flyer.

COME AUDITION FOR THE SPRING PRODUCTION OF THE LITTLE MERMAID! AUDITIONS ON APRIL 19TH

Hunter laughed. "Is there something wrong with The Little Mermaid?"

"Yes! Something very wrong because my drama teacher is making me audition! Hunter I can't do that! Everyone will be watching and I can barely memorize my own phone number, so how am I going to memorize a monologue? And what if I get in?" 

His smile faded slightly. "I will help you, okay? And you can always just do badly on purpose so you don't get a part,"

"No, I can't, because I am getting graded on it. Oh my god Hunter I can't do this!" Cadie said. She began taking deep breaths and a knot formed in the pit of her stomach. She felt like a panic attack might be coming on.

"Hey, hey calm down, it's okay." Hunter wrapped his arm around Cadie and she instantly felt better.

"I really can't do this," she said, a tear running down her cheek.

"Yes, you can and you will. I'll help you," he wiped the tear from her cheek. "I promise."