20. A day off

========Two Days Later========

The day was Monday of April 21st and spring break was officially over for the students of one particular high school.

All of the students shuffled to school in annoyance. Some of them were yawning loudly and rubbing at their sleep filled eyes, others drowned out the outside world with ear shattering music blaring from their ear buds, and then there was your select few who were nowhere in sight seeing as they had either forgotten to wake up or simply didn't want to come.

Long story short, no one wanted to be there.

Except for one certain caramel colored hair girl who was glad to be off of spring break dealing with vampire's and back on school schedule were she can deal with actual humans. On her shoulder laid a pitch black cat with red eyes that were closed so it could nap. To her right was a brown haired boy with brown eyes that was chatting away carelessly, and to her left was a green haired boy who was admiring his surroundings.

"I haven't seen you in quite a while, how was your summer break?!" Mahiru asked the two other teenagers he was with.

"G-good!" Mayu replied enthusiastically "my s-spring break was r-really...different!!"

"I see" the brown haired boy said "what about you, Sakuya?"

"My spring break?" The green haired boy said slowly "well it was absolutely horrible!!!"

"Eh?" Mahiru asked "why?"

"BECAUSE I WENT TO THE BEACH TO SEE SOME HOT, SEXY NAKED BABES AND TO MY MISFORTUNE IT WAS CLOSED!!! HOW IS A MAN TO FULFILL HIS SEXUAL PREFERENCE WHEN THERE IS NO ONE TO HELP HIM DO IT?!?!?!"

"YOU'RE JUST A PERVERT!!!!" Mahiru yelled with an irk mark.

'How unpleasant' Mayu thought.

Kuro meowed slightly and opened his eyes as Mahiru glanced at him then gave Mayu a small frown, causing her to blush slightly in shame. She hadn't really realized that Mahiru never did get upset about her taking his cat but nonetheless he was giving her that look to signify that he was slightly disappointed.

"Say" Sakuya began as he too stared at the black cat "I might have been imagining it but...first Mahiru had that cat at school and now you do. Why do you keep bringing it with you?"

"I-I just don't t-trust him a-at h-home alone" Mayu lied "he m-might b-break something."

"You're not lying to me, are you?"

Mayu glanced up at Sakuya and realized his bright green eyes were staring right into her brown ones and his usual playful demeanor was replaced with a serious one. She also could have swore she saw him frowning ever so slightly with a strange an ominous feeling throughout air.

'Is that bloodlust?!'

"O-O-Of course n-not."

The perverted boy suddenly smiled brightly and patted Mayu's head as she and Mahiru both released a breath they didn't realize they had been holding. Sakuya was back to his cheerful self and the relief was evident on Mayu's face.

'I've never Sakuya like that before...'

☆★☆★

"Alright class" the teacher declared as everyone took their seats and loud chatter slowly started to diminish "take a seat!! Stop talking and....Sakuya get away from Naomi...settle down!!"

The talking died down immediately and the female teacher sighed deeply in relief before clearing her throat.

"Welcome back."