Chapter 25: HIDE AND SEEK

I faced him.

"Russ.."

His eyes widened.

"Wow.. it's really you. I can't believe it." He said.

I smiled then bit my lower lip. "You caught me.. Like you always do."

He shrugged. "Welcome back." He spread his arms and I ran towards him accepting the hug he was offering. We hugged each other. I missed this goofy guy so much.

We let go of each other and he gave me a look. "Why are you hiding from us?"

*sighs*

"Ang dami nang nagbago russ.. and i'm afraid to touch all of you. Feeling ko.. i'm just gonna ruin everything. I mean, wow. You're all so famous now.. parang kailan lang isa kang Antolin Antukin."

We both laughed. "I'm still antukin don't worry."

We looked at each other.

"I missed you, eya."

"I missed you, russ."

We both said that at the same time. I laughed while he looked down awkwardly.

"How are you, eya? You haven't been in touch with us since we visited you last summer at the US. How are things going? How's your mom?"

I can feel his sincere concern through his voice.

Yes, they visited me there last summer. They surprised me. They surprised my mom.

"Nung bumisita kayo sobrang saya ni mama. She wants y'all to know that. Sabi niya ang swerte niya daw kasi bukod sa dalawang anak niya mayron pa siyang pitong tinuturing din na anak na mahal na mahal siya at mahal na mahal niya din. When y'all left because you have to return to DA, she got really sad.. bawal siya makaramdam ng extreme emotions."

Russell is just looking at me waiting for me to say more. I leaned against the wall and he did the same.

"So when y'all left, that made her really sad and that worsen her case.. that was.. the darkest.. the toughest days of our lives.."

He looked at me. "We didn't know.."

"She doesn't want you to know.. She really love all of you. She's so proud of y'all. Y'all should see her face everytime she talks about you.."

I looked at him then smiled. He smiled too.

"She survived the operation russ. She's so tough.. she may have a weak heart, but she survived. Kailangan lang namin maging maingat. I still got my mom and i'm so happy. I'm finally able to feel happiness again."

"Wow, i should see her soon!"

"Russell.. that would really make her happy too!"

"Eya.. whe-"

"Are you going to ask me kung kailan ako magpapakita sakanila?"