Chapter 37: SUDDENLY, UNEXPECTEDLY

"Joao, let's talk."

I was just thinking about her. Now she's in front of me. Pareho kaming nagulat. Pareho kaming natigilan. Mukhang hinihintay niya talaga akong lumabas mula sa restroom.

"Pwede ba?" She almost whispered those words.

She looks scared. Am I scaring her?

"If you want to talk about us then don't even waste your time. It's too late, Eya. Too late." I said.

I'm trying to be heartless. That's the only choice I have. I've got nothing left.

Russell and her. I don't want to believe it. Pero sakanya na mismo nanggaling.

They betrayed me. So what does she even want to talk about?

Closure?

Fvck that. I don't need closure.

Tumalikod na ako sakanya. Nakita ko sa mukha niya na nasaktan ko siya. Sinaktan ko nanaman siya. I keep on saying hurtful things to her.

Why do I still care?

That's the problem. I always care.

Tanginang care 'yan.

Ever since she saw me with kelly, I'm always in front of their house. Sabi ni Ethan hindi daw siya lumalabas ng kwarto niya. I always watch her window. I watch the lights turn on then off.

She never went out of their house.

But today I give up. She must be really happy with Russell. I gave her everything but I guess that wasn't enough for her.

That fvcking hurts.

Ginawa lang ba nilang dahilan yung saamin ni Kelly?

Mas gwapo ba saakin si Russell kaya mas pinili siya ni Eya?

Mas magaling ba siya humalik? Did something happen more than that?

I still don't get it..

How did we end up like this? How did we end up hurting each other? Hindi kami 'to. We turned into monsters.

I know what I felt. What I feel. And I know that Eya loves me. I just know it.

Naalala ko yung sinabi saakin dati ni Sarah, "when Eya intentionally hurts someone, she is hurting herself more.."

She is hurting herself more..

Naalala ko din yung sinabi saakin ni Eya nung binabalik niya saakin yung necklace. "I don't deserve you, Joao."

Realization slowly drawing into me.

Did she... Did she lie to me?

And those words, those last words na sinabi ko sakanya feels like the final blow. It sounded like a finality. Like the end.