Chapter 27: RUNAWAY

Let's runaway to the place where love first found us.
Let's runaway for the day, don't need anyone around us.
When everything in love gets so complicated,
It only takes a day to change it.
What I have to say can't wait, all I need is a day.

So let's runaway.

~~~~~~
•Joao's POV•

Her hands are as soft as the air.
Her hair smells like flowers.
Her smile is like the sun that lights up everything.
Her eyes are like the stars that twinkles.
Her face is like the world itself.

Her laugh is the sound of my heartbeat.

She is everything to me.

My air.
My water.
My shelter.

Without her, i would.. die.

"Hmm hmm hmmm.. hmmm hmm hmm.."

I'm driving while she's holding my injured hand. We are running away. Running away from everything and everyone.

Me: "what song are you humming?"

Tinignan niya ako bago siya sumagot. Hindi ako makapaniwala na nakikita ko yung ngiti ni eya ngayon. Na kasama ko siya. Na nahahawakan ko na ulit yung kamay niya. Parang ngayon palang talaga nag sink-in saakin na nandito na nga talaga siya ulit sa tabi ko.

Eya: "kanta ko sayo."

Ngumiti siya. Ang ganda ganda niya talaga. Ang ganda niya kapag nakangiti siya. Ang ganda niya padin kahit umiiyak siya. Hindi ako makapaniwala na saakin siya. Saakin pa nga ba?

Of course.. Of course she's still mine. She's mine forever.

Me: "sing it with lyrics."

She kissed my injured hand before she started to actually sing and not hum.

Eya: "they're giving me a million reasons to let you go. They're giving me a million reasons to quit the show." She sang.

Linapit ko yung kamay niya sa bibig ko and this time, it's me who kissed the back of her hand.

Me: "continue."

Eya: "I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away..
But baby, I just need one good one to stay."

I smiled at her then pressed my lips harder on the back of her hand. I missed her voice. Yung napaka lambing na boses ni eya na kahit galit na siya at sumisigaw, napaka lambing padin pakinggan. An actual angel, yes.

Eya: "you are one good reason for me to stay. The only reason why i should stay. You outnumbered the million reasons why i should stay away from you. Mahal kita, joao. Walang nagbago. I hope you didn't forget how much i love you."

Bumitaw siya sa pagkakahawak sa kamay ko. She traced my eyebrows with her pointy finger, down to my eyelids, down to my nose then down to my lips. She stopped right there.