Chapter 36: WHERE DO HEARTS GO WHEN THEY GO WRONG?

Stars fade away they just crash into space. Disappear from the light like you and I.

Tell me where love goes when it's gone.
Tell me where hearts go when they go wrong.
Suddenly someone is no one I've come
Undone.
~~~~

Suicide.

Sabi nila it will never be the answer. That it is a lame act of running away from your problems. It is a mistake that you can never take back.

Sabi din nila that if you commit suicide, you won't be in heaven or in hell. You'll be nowhere.

Stuck in purgatory.

But what if I want to runaway?

What if I want to be 'nowhere' rather than feel this kind of pain?

Of hopelessness.

Of emptiness.

Like I'll never be happy again.

Like things will never be right again..

So maybe for some people, it is the answer.

To some people like me.

I'm here at the highest building I could find in this city. I'm on the rooftop standing at the edge. Looking down at the busy streets of this city.

Good thing i'm not afraid of heights. One wrong move.. one wrong move and..

Will I regret it? From the moment I let go and the second before I make impact, will I even have remorse?

I put one foot forward but I'm not putting weight on it. Yet.

I took a deep breath. Making myself ready to let go. In the count of three.

I touched the infinity necklace on my throat. Yes, I still wear it.

I closed my eyes.

One.

Two.

Three.

The moment I let go I was expecting to feel myself falling.

But I felt a hand grabbed my waist dragging me away from the edge of the rooftop. Away from death.

"Eya. God, please no."

Shocked. I wasn't expecting to be saved.

Heavy breathing.

Ang higpit ng pagkakayakap niya saakin.

I was still in shock. I was expecting to be dead in a few minutes. Instead, I am saved. He saved me.

"If you're going to do suicide then take me with you. I can't live my life without you, Eya. I love you. I love you so much."