Chapter Thirty Five

"Dad?" Max murmured from his bed. It had been a few days after he came back from the hospital, and he had gotten stitches where all the cuts were and a few other things he wasn't quite sure about. He had a hard time remembering what happened to him, which was odd considering it was the reason why he was put into the hospital. 

"What do you need?" His father asked from the bedroom door. 

"Water," Max murmured again, feeling the dryness of his throat scratch against his flesh. He swallowed down some saliva, trying to get as much wetness down his throat so he could speak a little louder, "please." The odd thing was, Max didn't remember what his 'father' had done to him. It was just a blank in his mind. Like the days that was taken away from his life just disappeared completely from existence. 

"Of course," the man replied before he took a few steps away from the door and took a left hand turn to get to the kitchen. Max smiled in the slightest of ways before he grabbed his little phone to check his email. 

Little did he know, when he opened his email up, there would not be any emails from the girl that he had slowly fallen in love with. 

His heart felt like it stopped. 

His breath hitched right as he was taking in some air. 

His fingers twitched as they wrapped tighter around the phone. 

His eyes scanned the screen, trying to find a way out of the obvious truth shown to him. 

His thoughts began to swirl around in his puny head, though it was trying to heal effectively. 

And, on top of it all, his body felt numb. 

His thoughts slowly stopped. His heart stopped being on pause. His fingers grew still. His eyes stayed on one spot of his screen. And to end it all, his mind didn't register anything else that happened around him. 

Not even when the man that wasn't even his father came back with a glass of water. 

Not even when the sun came all the way down, leaving only the moon to take it's place with the company of the stars. 

Max had lost it all. 

Max, though it wasn't the case, had lost the girl of his dreams. 

And before he could do anything else, he opened up a new message and quickly typed out the words without much feeling put in them. 

'Dear Dove, 

Thanks for all of the 'love'. 

I don't ever want to hear from you again. 

Max.'