Chapter Ninety

"Dear Dove,

I'm sorry. From every single inch of my being, I am truly sorry for everything I have put you through. From the pain I brought you daily before and from the pain I am going to be putting you through now.

Please do not take this situation and blame yourself for it. None of this is your fault.  I love you too much to let you do that. I love you, Dove. I have never loved anyone more than I have loved you.

So I hope you meet someone who sweeps you off of your feet instead of someone who drags you down. I'm sorry that I wasn't your prince charming and I'm sorry that I probably never would've been. You deserve the best, Dove, and I wasn't even close to the best.

I hope you learn to smile more and let yourself be happy. Don't settle for a dick, because you know better.

I love you, Dove. And I will miss you. Please don't miss me too much. You don't deserve to pay for my actions.

Please don't be surprised if I don't email you back. Because I will no longer be here to respond. I will be nowhere if all of this goes to plan.

I love you, though. That will never change.

Please enjoy the rest of your life and please live every second you have to the fullest.

And spend time with your mom. I know you always wanted to be closer to her. Tell her your stories and maybe she'll tell you her's.

I love you.

Your one and only,

Max."