Chapter 18 - Broken Hearts

*Troy's P.O.V*

This morning when I woke up, I decided to go see Macy; I haven't seen her in a while. We went on a couple of vacations, but lately we haven't been talking. Maybe Harry wants to come. I went to Harry's room and knocked. He didn't answer so I just walked I'm. He wasn't there. I yelled a quick bye to my auntie and started to walk towards Macy's house. Despite the 20 minute walk, everything was good. Well, it was until I actually got there.

I knocked on her door and rocked back and fourth on my heels. When the door opened, I was expecting Macy but instead stood Amanda.

"Troy, what are you doing here?" I gave her a questioning look.

"Macy asked me to come over. May I see her?" She laughed a bit until realizing I was serious.

"What? Macy isn't here."

'Of course she's here, she asked me to come over.' I thought to myself.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Didn't she tell you?" I shook my head.

"She's having the baby early."

*Harry's P.O.V*

Macy groaned as I said we were almost there.

"You said that 10 minutes ago Harold." I laughed and shook my head at her impatience.

"We're only 5 minutes away." She nodded and looked out the window.

"What's it like, you know, being a girl?" I asked her. I always wondered what it was like to be, different. I mean, I've heard that it's hard being a girl, but I want to know why.

"It hurts. Mentally and Physically." She stopped for a second to think before saying more.

"Your period sucks. Not to mention it lasts until you're 50. When my period started I was in Science class and the nurse wasn't at school and I had no pads or tampons, I hate tampons anyway. That was a living nightmare. Puberty is probably the most embarrassing thing ever. I got a bit fatter and taller, then skinny again and my breasts got bigger than any of the other girls', which is real embarrassing. Not to mention boys, some are, sexist and all that stuff. Then some are sweet and nice, like you and Troy." Like you and Troy. That keep going on and on in my head; like a tape stick on rewind.

Like you and Troy.

Like you and Troy.

Like you and... Troy.

Harry, she doesn't like you. She likes Troy. She's pregnant for god's sake! You're just really good friends.

"Anyway, being Pregnant is the hardest of all. Food cravings, gaining weight, giving birth. That's the part I'm scared about." She fell silent and I looked over at her.

"You okay, Macy?" She nodded her head and turned back towards the window. 10 minutes later we arrived at the hospital. I parked in the lot and looked at Macy.

"Ready?" She looked at me with scared eyes. I could literally see her hands shaking.

"It's going to be okay. We're just here to see if the baby will come out this week or next week, no worries! It's not like your giving birth today sweetie." She smiled and nodded. We walked out of the car and I held her hand. As we walked into the hospital, I saw a large room with worried-looking family and friends, but one kid caught my eye.

It was a blonde boy who had a camouflage shirt on that said, 'I love you dad.' on it. He was crying and holding an army jacket all alone.

"Be right back M." Macy nodded and I headed towards the boy. He looked up at me and I sat down next to him.

"Hello, I'm Harry. What's your name?" The blonde boy looked at the jacket.

"Jack." I looked at Jack's jacket.

"Is that your dad's?" He nodded.

"Is your dad in the hospital?" He snuffled and nodded.

"Yes. He was I-In the army a-and got sh-sh-shot." I could feel my eyes watering, I could relate to him.

"My dad was in the army too." He looked back up at me.

"He was?" I nodded.

"Yeah. And do you know what happened to him when he got shot?" Jack shook his head.

"He survived. And I bet yours will too." He let tears fill his pale face.

"But what if he doesn't?" I sighed.

"Well Jack, if your dad doesn't make it, I'll help you get through it. That's a promise. I-I promise nothing bad will happen. I can feel your pain, I won't let what happened to my dad happen to yours."

He sniffled and lay his head on my lap. "I don't want him to go, Harry. I don't want him to go." I patted his back.

"Neither do I bud, trust me."

*Macy's P.O.V*

I watched Harry and the blonde boy together the whole time. Seeing him and the kid was absolutely heart warming. I could see how they related. I can stand when a kid loses their dad at a young age, and of all people, I should know. After a while Harry came back and the blonde boy went into a hospital room.

"How's the boy?" I ask and look at Harry.

"His dad is in the Hospital." I nodded and decided to not talk about it, it soundest like a sad topic.

"Macy?" He asked me and looked at Harry.

"Yes?" He looked at the wall in front of us.

"Can I try something?"

"Shoot." He looked at me and were separated for 1 second until he smashed his lips onto mine. I panicked and tried to get away but his grip around my waist was like 100 metal chains.

"Macy?" I finally slipped out of Harry's grip and looked over at the Hospital entrance.

"Troy?"