Chapter 35

Chapter XXXV: THE OFFER

Someone tried to sabotage his dad. Kung sino man ang taong iyon ay hindi mapapalampas ni B2. Sinubukan lang naman nitong sirain ang pagsasama ng mga magulang niya. The marriage of his parents was like a beautiful piece of painting, and then somebody spilled ink on it.

His grandpa wasn't lying about being overprotective of Aniston Group. Nag-resign na ito subalit hindi pa rin tuluyang binibitawan ang kompanya. Ignacio still monitored things on his watch.

"I have someone working on it right now," Ignacio said.

"It makes me worry,"di niya napigilang sabihin dito, "Mom away from us."

"Your mom is fine," answered his lolo. "She took a yoga class earlier. She's staying in a unit at Lancaster's."

"She is?"

Ignacio confirmed it and he heaved a sigh. His mom stayed strong over it despite being sensitive when it came to his dad. Kahit papaano nabunutan siya ng tinik sa lalamunan. He loved his mom so much and couldn't bear the thought of her crying in pain alone.

"Thanks, grandpa," he said in a low voice but meant a mountain of thanks with it. Buti na lang at nandiyan ang Lolo Ignacio niya.

When was that time Ignacio came to his rescue? When it was his first school trip and he couldn't tell his dad he didn't want to come. Ignacio persuade his dad in behalf of him.

"That's nothing, apo," tapik nito sa kanyang balikat. "We're family. "

He smiled at the mention of 'family'.

"I'll start working out," he said out of the blue to which Ignacio chuckled. It had been in his nature to disperse the heaviness of the atmosphere; in no time it could be regarded as one of his few talents.

"You better be," warned his lolo in a comical way. "Isama mo ang kapatid mo."

Tumango siya.

The reunion with his lolo went fun that he didn't notice one hour had already passed. Puro kamustahan pa lang iyon at hindi pa nila napag-uusapan ang tungkol sa kung anu-ano sa Aniston Group. His lolo made it a habit to teach him random knowledge in running the company whenever they both kept in touch.

His lolo would stay in the hotel for that night instead in their house. Meron pa raw itong aayusin at pupuntahan. Bukas na lang ito dadalaw sa umaga at babalik naman ng States sa tanghali.

"Take care of your dad," bilin nito bago siya magpaalam dito.

He gave a nod, "I'll talk to him. Take care of yourself, too, grandpa."

Aniston Group was born before his lolo's dad, almost ancient, and three generations had protected it. Surely the pressure's there. And as years went by the pressure got bigger as Aniston Group continued to expand. The custom wouldn't stop on his dad. He'd make sure to bring his mom back; his father not losing Aniston Group.

When he reached home he went to his father's room and found his dad drinking whiskey, something his dad didn't do. Armando should rather read reports that waste time on alcohol.

"Dad," he called at the narrow distance of the slightly-opened door. Hindi siya nito narinig at nagsalin ulit. He entered without waiting his dad's welcome. His visit might be uncalled for but he had to talk to his father.

"Dad," lapit niya rito.

"I'm a disappointment, son," Armando said, eyes moist with tears. His dad drank drown the full content of the glass.

"Of course not," sabi niya. "You might not know it but I've been looking up to you."

His dad squirmed at the strength of the whiskey yet poured in another drink. "Talaga, anak?"