Chapter 38

Chapter XXXVIII: TEAM ANISTON

B2 was confused and sure at the same time. Chloe's important to him but he also needed his mom back.

Bahala na. Susugal muna siya. He would figure out his next move once he took that one available step.

He met Mr. Chikuze at the golf club; the place became melancholic as he recollected the past months he, B1, and his Dad golfed. Once everything went back to normal he'd ask to golf with them.

After half an hour of play they got their hands on the business.

"I'd been anticipating your reply," Mr. Chikuze said,  "What took you so  long to decide?"

"Nothing," tugon niya. "Let's get this done fast." Baka mag-alangan na naman siya kapag nagpaligoy-ligoy pa si Mr. Chikuze.

The old man smirked. "As you please."

Inabutan ito ng kasama nitong assistant ng fountain pen at isang business card. Nagsulat roon si Mr. Chikuze  saka ibinigay sa kanya. "I'll give you a call with regards to her."

Binasa niya ang pangalan. Zara Elizabeth  Choi. He tried to picture an image by the name. Though not interested, asked, "Half-korean?"

"No," sagot sa kanya. "She got the surname from her great-great grandfather. Pilipino ang mga magulang niya."

Mr. Chikuze smiled at him asking, "You'll get to know her better once you meet her."

He kept the card in his wallet and wore a more serious look. "I can't wait to meet her."

"Really?" Mr.Chikuze was surprised.

"So you can tell me what you know. I'm getting impatient after all the mess this issue has brought to my family."

Mr. Chikuze leaned back on his chair, legs crossing. "Good news is that I can tell you now. Lahat ng gusto mong malaman." Mr. Chikuze studied his face as his brows meet. "Ngayon mismo."

"Why?"

"We chose to trust you," sabi nito. "Alam namin na gagawin mo lahat para sa pamilya mo. Meeting Zara is nothing."

Nothing. Buti na lang at walang kakayahang magbasa ng isip si Mr.Chikuze.

It's B2's turn to smirk. "Exactly. Anyone will do everything for their family but you, Sir, if I may say it, is the best example."

Natigilan sa kanya ang matanda.

Patuloy niya, "All the troubles just for the whim of this spoiled Zara Elizabeth Choi."

Tumikhim ito. "You don't know what you're saying. She's more than the brat you think she is. I barely know you but I can say that she's superior to you."

He smiled. "So what is this help?"

"MSM Holdings," diretsang sabi ni Mr.Chikuze. "Catriona Vellucci is the name."

It's B2's turn to remain silent.

Patuloy ni Mr. Chikuze, "I think they're enough for you to get the real deal. I advise you work fast. MSM Holdings are working their butts off to pull Aniston Group down."

MSM Holdings? Hindi niya akalain na ang kompanyang iyon ang nagsasabotahe sa kanila. Ni hindi man lang iyon sumagi sa isip niya.

Ngayong alam na niya kung sino ang mga nasa likod ng lahat ng iyon, hindi na siya mahihirapan na tulungan ang ama.

"Superior or not, I don't like her way of things," sabi niya pagkatayo sa inuupuan. Kailangan na niyang kumilos para mapabalik agad ang mama niya. Naglahad siya rito ng kamay. "I have to go. Tell this Zara that she can't bother me whenever she wishes."