Chapter 6

Perrie's Life

I looked at Jade in a strange way. I didn't know what she was talking about. I didn't even know she was going to be in the restaurant! I only came back into the restaurant because I wanted to talk to my parents about something.

"What the hell did you say to Jade?" I said, approaching the table where my parents were sitting at. "What, its not like you cared for her anyways." This made me angry. My face was getting heated up, "You better tell me what you said now, mother!" She didn't say anything.

Why is she trying so hard? I understand that the break up took a really big toll on everyone but it's not really a big deal anymore. I walked out of the restaurant infuriated, and I almost knock over a waiter and his water glasses.

"Jade!" I shouted as I walked outside. I saw her with the little girl but I couldn't get to her in time. I still had her number..should I try and text her? I should. I'm gonna do it. But what should I say? Hey, what's up? No.. Sorry about my mom. Probably. I don't know what she said but-- No, then she'll have no idea what I'm talking about.

What this good enough? I don't know, she read it pretty fast

What this good enough? I don't know, she read it pretty fast. I'm not sure if she wanted to answer me or not. Then something happened.

I don't know why she wanted me to call her

I don't know why she wanted me to call her. But I did because I wanted to hear her voice again.

Me: Hello?

Jade: We need to talk.

Me: I know, I'm glad you--

Jade: Don't get ahead of yourself. Your mom said things that made me feel so uncomfortable and it broke my heart.

Me: What did she say?

Wrong. Move.

Jade: What? So you don't know what your damn mother did? Perrie, she called me a slut. A slut. I've never been called anything like that in my life! Do you even know how much it hurt just to be called a name? Especially if it's by an ex-almost-mother-in-law.

Me: Jade, I'm so sorry. I don't know why she would call you that.

Jade: Yeah yeah whatever. *noises in background*

Me: What was that? It sound like a little girl rustling around.

Jade: That's none of your business Perrie. You don't need to know what's going on in my life. My life is so much better.

Me: Why? How is it better? Do you even know how long I slept on the couch thinking about the day our wedding would have came! I cried endlessly thinking about you and what our future could have been!

Jade: You don't think that I've done the same!? I've tried to get over you too! You didn't have to break off the relationship when I said no. Do you know why I said no?

Me: No I don't, I don't know why in hell...you said no.

Jade: I said no because..I wasn't ready.

I did know why she said no. I just wanted to hear her say it.

*flashback*

"Will you marry me?" I asked Jade. She took a minute or so to answer me. She smiled at me, "So that's a yes?" "No. I'm sorry Perrie. I'm just not ready to commit to a full long life marriage. We're too young to get married, don't you think?"

I got up off of my one knee and stood there. People around us were staring at us, I was embarrassed. I was rejected by the girl of dreams in front of maybe...50-60 people. "I understand." I said sitting down, twirling my food around with my fork.

"Perrie, I'm sorry. You have to really understand that too okay?" She said sitting down in her chair. I didn't bother to look up at her. I heard her sniffle, she was starting to cry. I had to stop myself from crying too. "Well, if you won't answer me, I guess I should just be on my way." She grabbed her purse and began to walk out.

One half of me is telling me to stop her and take her in and care for her. The other half just doesn't anything to do with her in anyway. It's like I'm stuck. I want her to come back to me but at the same time..I don't need her.

*flashback ends*