XXXI-Finale pt. 1

3 months later...

"Thirdy! come on! "I yelled at my son who was busy smelling each petal of the flower.

"Coming! "As he approached me and directly held my hand, we walked out of the flower shop and walked straight to our parked car. We hopped in and settled ourselves. I felt something unusual because of the awkward silence we're going through.

"You think she'll like this these? "I broke the tense between us. He stared pithily at the bouquet of flowers I am holding.

"She definitely will!" I smiled and put the bouquet of fresh yellow roses at the passenger seat and started the drive.

It was nearly a half of an hour drive to the cemetery, as soon as I parked the car in front of the mausoleum, Thirdy quickly ran inside.

I approached the tombstone and placed the flower above it. I turned to my side and saw Thirdy's smile slowly faded.

It's been months since the day you left us,

"You miss her huh?"His attention turned to me and nodded without uttering a single word.

"Me too actually, you know what we used to do when we were down?" I saw his frown turned into curiosity.

"We eat street foods at our favorite food park I saw his eyes glow" I already know what that means.

"I want to eat street foods too daddy!" He said cheered up.

"Okay, we'll go eat street food tonight? what do you say?" He nodded like a child excitedly waiting for his toy to be paid.

"But first, we need to get you home to ask permission from your ~"

Beep! Beep! Beep!

as a blue car parked in front of the mausoleum right next to mine, who could it might be? I stood up and witnessed the doors opened slowly.

It's Maine's family.

"Lola! Lolo!" Thirdy ran at his full throttle to hug his grandparents. Seeing how happy my son is just everything.

Everything I have right now is insoluble for me to have without God guiding me, through his blessings, my conscience, and biblical quotes I use to read daily. I'll forever be thankful to him because he gave me the girl I didn't thought would change my whole life forever. Even if I committed a huge mistake I'll forever be guilty of, she still forgave me. In behalf of all her perfections, I never know why would I deserve such someone like her. I fell from heads to heels on her, she never failed to give me butterflies in my stomach.

And I'll always be thankful to God, because she didn't took her from me.

"Alden!" As the person who came out the car caught my attention.

I turned around and there she is, the love of my life, my girl, my forever.

"Maine!" She ran to me and gave me a tight hug. The spark never disappeared whenever I see her, I'm so blessed to have her.

"Death Anniversary nga pala ni Tita ngayon noh? I'm sure, she's happy for you for what you have now." She smiled allowing me to see her deep dimples again. I nodded.

"Thank You!" I smiled back at her.

Yes, she's alive. Until now, the fact that she was safe was way too hard to sink in my mind.

~

"Maine" As the heartbeat rate went completely flat. I don't exactly know what to feel. She's gone, completely gone. Tears started to fall from my eyes.