|Chapter 1| LA Here We Come!|

C A S S I E

This is it, the start of my career. Today is the day that I'll make my dream happen.

I walk into my work at the Cracker Barrel, uniform in hand.

"Hey Cassie, what are you doing here? Your shift isn't until tomorrow." My openly gay friend Mason said as he approached me.

"Heh, I know. But I think I'm going to finally do it Mason. I'm moving to LA." His eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh! Yas girl finally!" He said excitedly.

"I'll go tell our manager. I got to get back to work. Don't forget me girl!" He said and gave me a huge hug.

"Can't...breathe." I chuckled. He let go quickly.

"Oh shit sorry!" He laughed, waving as he went back to the kitchen.

I went up to the desk and put the uniform on the counter.

I waved and walked out the door to my car. I sat back in the seat, closing my eyes contently

I took a deep breathe, "Ok...it's time to go." I thought out loud, turning to look at my fully packed car.

My dog Chestnut barked in the Kennel beside me, I opened up the cage. He barrelled out and into my lap.

"Hey chestnut! Are you ready to go pup! We're going to LA! We're going to be living our dream, Married to some hot famous person, up in a beautiful condo in the middle of the city. What do you think Ches?" He barked in return.

I ruffled his ears and scratched his chin. "Ok buddy, you gotta go back into the kennel. Just for a bit." He wined as I locked the cage door.

I started up the car and went on my drive. The moving truck was already on its way to my new house.

Once I was out of the city I opened all the windows letting the wind and sun shine brighter into the car.

I opened up the kennel, letting Chestnut stick his head out the window.

I chuckled as his tongue flapped in the wind. I turned up the stereo and drove on.

After twelve hours of driving and multiple pee breaks for the both of us, I found a hotel in Medford that aloud pets.

I brought Chestnut out for one last time before heading in for the night.
I took a quick shower and pulled my hair into two French braids.

I hopped into my bed with Chestnut by my side, pulling out my phone to check my messages.

'1 new message from Mom'

I opened up messenger and read the text.

"Happy 19th birthday Cass, I hope your having a great time. Good luck in LA! We love you. " I laughed and texted her back with a thank you, telling her I'll be getting there tomorrow.

I patted my dog on the head before clicking the the lamp off and shutting my eyes into a peaceful sleep.

______________________

First chapter yay! Hope it's not complete trash. This is my first story I've published but I've wrote many more just kept them to myself. More to come I promise, hopefully longer and better. Please give me your feed back! And if you haven't (this is the only and last time I'll do this) follow me on my instagram page @markimoon4585 ! Thank you!