|Chapter 3| Slightly Delayed|

C A S S I E

I awoke in a very uncomfortable bed. I shifted around slightly, trying to remember what had happened.

The walls were blue, with green doors and window sills, it was a fairly nice hospital room. There was a few paintings on the wall as well.

I sat up and looked out the window. It was dusk.

Damn! I was supposed to have arrived in LA at this time. If it wasn't for that stupid ladies dog I would have been there by now. Come to think of it, I don't think I even know who she was.

I went to scratch my arm but I was blocked by a rough texture.

I looked down and noticed there was a blue cast on my wrist where the dog had bite me. They must have already given me stitches.

Just then there was a knock on the door. I saw my dog come rushing in excitedly over to my side.

He tried to jump up on the bed, but I quickly made sure he didn't.

"No, sit. Stay Chestnut." I commanded him then patted his head.

"Hey..." The same girl from before came in. She was prettier then I had remembered.

She had medium wavy blond hair that was brown at the top. She must have bleached it.

She was wearing a pink hat and a striped shirt with an alien on it. She was fairly cute.

"Hi..." I said nervously rubbing the side of my arm.

"I'm so sorry about my dog, I really am." She apologized and sat in the chair beside me.

"It's alight. It's just that I'm supposed to be in LA by now..." I laughed looking out the window again.

"Oh, really? So am I. I'm going to see my friend mark. Well, actually, I live there." She told me happily.

"When are you heading up there?" I asked getting up from my bed and grabbing my sweater.

"Well like I said. I was supposed to be going today but since this happened I stayed with you." She said while petting my dog.

"Oh by the way, my names Amy, everything was a blur last night I didn't even get to know your name." Amy told me.

"I'm Cassie, thanks for staying with me." I grabbed my sweater and put my dog back on the leash.

"Let's head back to the hotel for the night." I told her as we were walking out. She nodded in agreement.

We got into her car, because mine was still at the hotel.

"Aw shit I'm going to have the most expensive medical bill possible." I grumbled.

"Oh no, it's cool. I paid for it. I said you were my sister and they put you on my medical stuff." Amy told me as she started up the car.

"Dude, you did not have to do that. Thank you."

"Well this was all my fault in the beginning so I had to find some way to repay you." I laughed.

"Well thanks, lets get going I'm tired as hell."

On the drive there she explained to me about how she knew Mark and how we would get along.

She also mentioned some of his roommates. They seemed cool.

"So I took care of your dog while you were getting stitches. I brought him back to the hotel but made sure to keep him away from Bonnie. I don't know what's gotten into her lately."

"Thank you, and it's fine. As long as we're both ok then I forgive you." I told her and laughed.

"Oh thank god. I thought you would sue me or something." She let out a nervous laugh.

"Nah, not me."

When we finally arrived at the hotel I was more then ready to go to sleep.

"So do you want to drive together tomorrow?" Amy asked as we got our stuff out of the car.

"Yeah sure. We leave at 8? It will take us around twelve hours to get there." I told her as my dog jumped out of the car.

"Sounds good, be ready at six I'm taking your for breakfast." I didn't have time to say no, she was already on her way back to her room.

I unlocked my hotel room and got ready for bed. I felt like I had completely missed a day.

I had been asleep for most of it yet somehow I was exhausted.

I let myself fall asleep the second I hit the bed.