|Chapter 15| First Date|

C A S S I E

We arrived at a nice restaurant. Mark got out and opened the door for me.

He reached out his hand and I gladly took it. We walked into the restaurant.

It smelled like pizza and pasta.

"Mmm, it smelled delicious in here." I took a big breath smelling the yummy scents.

The waiter escorted us to a booth. We sat down and he gave us our menus.

I smiled and thanked the waiter. I opened the menu but put it down right after having no idea what to order.

"So, what's good here?" I asked mark as he browsed his menu.

He looks up at me and shrugged. "I have no idea I've only been here once."

"Well...why don't we just share a pizza?" I asked pointing to a picture of one.

"Yeah, why not. Breadstick appetizers?"

"Hell yeah!" We laughed for a bit.

"So, how's your guitar coming. I've kinda fallen of track myself." Mark asked trying to engage small talk.

"It going good, I've kinda fallen of track as well. I still can't play much."

"Neither can I." Mark agreed. The waiter came over and asked if we were ready to order.

We told him what we wanted and he was on his way.

Mark and I continued talking as we waited for our food. The waiter brought our drinks and bread sticks.

"I don't understand why these are a meme, like yeah let me just shove these in my purse and get going." I joked and grabbed another breadstick.

We went into a deeper conversation about our life, he brought up his friend Daniel who passed away after a suicide attempt.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I know how you feel. My older sister hung herself when she was 16, I was only 8 at the time so I didn't know what was going on." My eyes started to tear up but I blinked them away.

Mark put his hand on mine and gave me an apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry...hey, it's okay." He rubbed my hand with his thumb.

I smiled and sniffled a little. The waiter interrupted us as he brought our pizza.

We dug in immediately. Before we knew it we had successfully ate a full pizza.

"Oh god. I'm so full." Mark complained and leaned back holding his stomach.

"I agree."

After a little more talking we decided it was time to leave.

We got in the car and drove off.

"I want to take you somewhere else. " Mark told me and turned on to the highway.

"All right. I'm down for anything."

"Anything...?" He smirked.

"Oh shush."