|Chapter 9| Date?|

C A S S I E

We decided to stay at home for dinner, Mark starting to make his famous chicken and dumplings.

As he started to make it i heard a bunch of swearing and fumbling of dishes come from the kitchen.

I walked over there to see almost everything in the fridge on the table.

"Woah, what's going on here?" I laughed as I saw how frustrated he was.

"I don't have any chicken! I though I did but I can't find it." He angrily  shoved things back in fridge.

"Woah, calm down. I'll go run to the store. What kind of chicken?" I took out my phone to write it down.

"Thank you, just normal chicken strips. Here's a twenty." He handed me some money.

"Ok, I'll be back in half an hour!" I yelled before walking out the door.

On the drive to the store I kept thinking about what had happened. No, we just met, there's nothing between us. Were just friends.

When I got to the
store I quickly grabbed the chicken.

I went to the checkout, there was a guy in his mid twenties with dark hair.

From his name tag his name looked to be Dan. We made brief eye contact.

I smiled at him, he smiled back.

When is was my turn in line her immediately started to flirt.

"Hey beautiful, how's your night going?" He asked me.

"Oh, same old same old." I told him as I grabbed the twenty from my purse.

"How about you come for a drink with me tonight. My break is in an hour." He asked me.

"I um..." I thought about earlier with Mark. I smiled politely. "Why not."

"Cool! I'll meet you at the Cactus bar on Barons street. Six sounds good?"

"See you then."

I walked to my car and put the chicken in the back seat.

I was super excited for tonight already. I had completely forgot about Mark.

I burst through the front door excitedly. I skipped to the kitchen and gave mark the chicken.

"Why are so happy?" Amy asked as she walked into the room.

"This girl, has got a date to go on." I told her happily.

"What? Who?" She asked surprised.

"This guy at store named Dan. He's sooo hot. Im meeting him a six," I checked my watch.

"And it's five thirty now. Bye!" I ran out the door and to my car.

Amy stood there baffled by my actions "Alright then..."

I quickly reapplied my lipstick. And went on my way.

M A R K

"Hey Amy, where'd Cassie run off to? Dinners gonna be ready soon." I asked right after I watch Cassie run out of the door.

"Oh, she's going on a date." I felt my hear sink, Like my world had been ripped apart.

I thought she was the one, we were about to kiss for god sakes!

"Uh, I'm gonna head home...bye Mark." Amy told me as she grabbed her jacket.

"Kay...." I sadly walked to my room. I sat laying in my bed for what seemed like hours.

I was stuck in a trance, not having any motivation to do much.

My phone started to ring, it was Cassie.

_____________________

*evil laughter*