1

Isabella

"Granny!" I yelled as I couldn't find my pendant. 

"What's it, Bella?"asked my granny as she entered my room.

"Do you know where my pendant is ?" 

 The silver pendant was the only remembrance I had of my parents. I was their only child and they were no more in this world. 

"Here it is!" said my granny and I saw the pendant in her hand. I quickly rushed towards her and held my pendant tightly in my hands. My granny ran her timid hands over my long hair in a way to comfort me. She was all I had in this world. Her every word was like everything I needed to make my day. She was always there for me. She was as calm as the ocean and as soothing as the rain. 

After my parents, she had taken care of me. Well, I don't remember my mum or dad's touch because they died soon after my birth but I do love them with all my heart. My grandma would narrate me some incidents that were enough for me to feel that my parents were still there with me and they loved me. No wonder I love my grandma the most! 

She is literally the best person in the world.

"I don't know what I'll do without you there." I said as I thought of living alone in the hostel.

"Bella, don't fret. It'll be alright. I know you'll make it out."she said with consoling eyes. I had to leave. I was expelled from my previous school and the reason is still not known to me. They told me I had to leave without any reason. It may sound awkward but that's how it was. My granny told me that they had some issues with my fees and because of that I had to leave the school. My old granny did all she could do. Strangely, it was the first time that anybody had issues with me at school. It was strange but whatever. My granny also had to leave the town as she had work to do in a nearby town. 

I had to go to a new school today, The Heaven Academy. I wonder why they named it so.

Sadly, I had to leave my friends too. I was a bit nervous about the new school too. One of the reasons being that it was the first time that I was changing my school. 

I reached the bus stop and I saw a guy standing there already. He was not wearing the same uniform as mine. It was different. He looked at me suspiciously. I didn't know why. He looked at me again and quickly turned his face away. After a while he asked," Are you from the Heaven Academy?"

"I am. I am new and it's my first day." I replied.

His eyes turned wide and he said,"Why the hell are you going there?"

"What's wrong with you? I wanna study. That's why I'm going there!"

"Be careful"

These were his last words. After that my school bus arrived and I went inside and took a seat near the window. The wind was coming in. I could feel a sudden change in the atmosphere and the wind. Something was really sad. Someone was really sad. I could feel it. I suddenly realized that I had already left my town and I had entered the 'Angel Grove'. I couldn't realize what it was. I could feel someone crying. Something was strange about this place. Keeping all my suspicions away, I stepped out of the bus as I reached the academy. 

I stood at the huge, black and dark gate of the Heaven Academy. I was still thinking why it got its name Heaven. It was totally like hell. Along with other students, I stepped inside. A strong gust of wind blew through my hair and I was already scared of this school. There were trees in the garden but because of some reason they were sad. Scared of something. I tried to talk to the boys and girls but all of them stepped away without even looking at me. I could feel a strange aroma in the wind that blew. I could feel that something was up here and I wanted to know it. But no one was ready to talk to me. I started feeling lonely. I was uncomfortable. I felt a hand on my shoulder from behind. I was firstly scared but then I looked behind and saw a guy standing. He asked me," You new?"

I nodded and said,"I don't know where the reception is. I wanted to know the number of my hostel room. Would you mind telling me where it is?"

He smiled and said,"You're still in the garden. Do you really think that you would find the reception in the garden?"

I knew that he caught me red handed. I lied to him.I knew where the reception was but I didn't know the number of my room.

"Tell me, what is it?" he asked.

"I feel strange here. The atmosphere outta here is really sad."I said looking around the surroundings. 

He turned sad and the smile on his face wiped away. He said,"Truly it is."

"Would you tell me the reason?"

"I don't know it myself."

I let my hand out and said,"The name's Isabella. You can call me Isa for short. Nice to meet you."

"My name is Ryan. Good to see you." he said and went off.

I rushed towards the reception. I reached there and I asked the receptionist,"Excuse me?"

She lifted her face up, arranging her spectacles and asked,"Yes?"

"I am new here. I wanted to know my room number."

"Ah! You must be Isabella. Isabella Gray."

"Yes, I am. Would you please tell me what's the number?"

"Yes surely. Let me check."she said and started searching on her PC. I waited for a while and looked at my watch. I sat on one of the chairs and checked the messages on my phone. 

The receptionist called my name and I went towards her.

She was thinking something. She said,"That's strange. You've got the room that no one gets. That room is locked from many years."

I asked,"What is the number of the room?"

"Room No. 13"

<><>

Hey Dear readers! How was the first chapter? It was not scary, I know. But the coming chapters would be terrifying. I just needed to give some introduction.