18

"Feel the pain

You creature insane

Shut your eyes

Come inside

It's where the demons hide."

What was that? That voice seemed horrible. What could that voice mean? 

I stepped back and looked behind. Diana was not there.

"Diana! Where are you?"I asked as a drop of sweat trickled down my face.

No response. Where the hell was she?

I again stood in front of the infirmary door and to my horror I heard that song again. This time it was more horrible. I was not able to recognize the voice of the person singing the song. Was there a new spirit or something who was doing this or was it just my imagination? I didn't know it myself. It couldn't be my imagination. It was happening just in front of me. I heard that voice again and again. It was true.

I gripped my sword tightly and inhaled . The air was not fresh. It couldn't be fresh. Every time we inhaled, the air which made its way through our windpipe to the lungs was never fresh. A sad, deadly and bloody aroma was always there. 

I opened the infirmary door and as soon as I entered inside, a splash of blood, followed by a high pitched scream, spattered on my face making it red. 

I was used to these things. Inside the infirmary laid hundreds of students. Not alive but dead. Some of them were without heads or their other body parts were separated. Someone's head was broken, someone had been slashed thoroughly. Even worse, the ones who were killed one day ago were being eaten by some insects and rats. I never imagined that I would see such things happening around me. But now, I was used to it. From the last night , I was seeing these deadly scenes and they made their place somewhere in my mind. The thing that I hated about being in this school was the sadness. The thing I loved about this school was Isabella.

I was trembling with fear as I was moving slowly amidst the blood and the strong raging wind that it followed. The blood was coming towards me and hitting me thoroughly. It was hurting me as it carried the strong wind with it. It was coming from the front window. It was like a bloody rain.

Finally, it stopped. I was a bit relieved. But then suddenly I saw the silhouette of a person standing near the window from which the blood was coming. I saw nothing but his eyes which were red.

And then he laughed. He laughed devilishly. He laughed like a demon who kneels before no God. Suddenly, I remembered about the Satanic cross on Isa's back which meant the same thing. 

I yelled at him,"Who are you?"

Suddenly, he neared me with the speed of a bullet and went close to my ears and said,"Your death!"

Isabella

I was on the second floor of the school building and I was searching for Alma and the other two spirits.  Anastasia told me that she was going after Zara but she didn't know where she was. I was worried about her. I knew she would handle it but still I felt uneasy. I knew that my friends were doing so much for me. Anastasia was badly hurt and Ryan too had to go through all this just because of me. I had to find Alma as soon as possible.

I felt a sudden pain on my back. I didn't know what was going on. I dropped my sword and fell on the ground.

The pain was rushing through my body and it was sending chills down my spine. The pain was unbearable and it was making me scream my lungs out. It was bringing tears to my eyes. I felt a black light coming from my back. The Satanic Cross. It was shining brightly. What was that all about? What did it mean?

The symbol on my back was shining and making black clouds. Was I turning into a demon or something? I saw the nails of my hands turning red and my body smelling like a rotting dead body. My skin was turning pale. My arms and legs were starting to have some wounds over them. I felt a burning sensation inside my chest as if my heart was burning and it would anytime burst out. I felt a red liquid filling inside my eyes. The liquid was blood. What was happening to me? 

I had to stop it. But how? How would a mortal like me be able to surpass the power of the devil? I was just a mortal being. Neither was I a heavenly soul like my granny nor was I a heavenly warrior like Anastasia. What could a mortal being do against the power of the demons?

My eyes were about to close when I saw the image of my granny standing in front of me. It was not just an image, it was my granny. My granny's spirit. 

She looked at me and said,"Bella! Stand up and fight! You are the one who's been chosen to be the savior of this school! Would you lose all your hope just by this small happening?! Bella! You have to overcome the power of the devil to be able to see the new morning sun! Look inside your soul! Try to remember the good deeds that you did! Remember how you made so many people happy including me by your presence! Remember your friends who are ready to give away their lives just for you! For them, you have to live! If you have love in your life then you have to keep on living! Bella! Stand up and fight!"

I couldn't dream of my granny yelling at me. But for now, she was right. I had to stand up. I tried to remember everything my granny told me to remember.

The memories of the day when I was born flashed through my mind as I saw the happy face of my mom and dad crying the tears of happiness. I remembered how I saved a little sparrow trapped inside a cage and set it free. I remembered how Ryan and Ana were fighting for me. I remembered everything.

Having those happy memories in my mind, I screamed ,"There is no one above God!"

The changes in my body reversed and it was back to normal. I stood up again and searched for my granny. She disappeared and I stared at the holy cross of my sword.

I moved further.

I saw someone coming into my direction. Ryan. 

He stood near the window of some classroom at a distance from me.

"Hey! Are you alright?"asked Ryan waving his hand from where he stood. There was a change in his tone. It was a little harsh. 

"Yeah! I'm fine!" I replied.

He rushed into my direction.

I saw some black and red shadows behind him and I screamed as I said,"Ryan! Behind you!"

<><>

Hey dear readers! Sorry for the late update! I was a bit busy with the school homework. So, think and tell me what will happen to Ryan next? Till then bye bye.